Part 3

Shadow

Shadow was seated at his usual seat in the underground tavern. This underground tavern was the guild's headquarters and best place to pick up the best things around town. Shadow was going to make sure he was a little drunk before going to talk to their leader. Mostly because of what she was thinking whenever she saw him. And that was sex. Hot, rough, sex... with his sister... that was the reason he hated coming here. All the thieves here wanted to get in her bed and whenever they saw him, they wanted her. Which got really annoying when he wanted fun of his own.

He downed his last mead now mentally prepared for what he was going to see in that Leaders head when someone sat down across from Shadow. He looked and smiled "Freddy, long time no see?" he asked casually. The man was pretty small but so was your average thief. He had short blond hair and big blue eyes. Freddy smiled at him "Shadow, I was er wondering if you and I could umm go somewhere" he was fumbling with words with the way Shadow was smiling at him. Even though Shadows sister often called him a womanizer he preferred the company of smaller men. Freddy knew that one all too well. "Not now boy, I have business then we can talk later" he said trying to remain focus but it was damn hard with this cute boy fumbling with words. Shadow Found it quite adorable.

If half the people in this tavern wanted his sister the other half wanted him. Shadow made his way to the back door that lead to the 'storage room' which really was where the leader made their home.

Walking into the room he scoffed at the sight of the women sitting on a wooden throne. A barrel to the left of it holding letters, a mug, and a few gold coins on it. She looked up and smiled at him. Then he was hit. The first image was what she was would do to his sister if she ever agreed to her advances. He cleared his throat "You know my sister would laugh seeing you on a throne... she'd have me pick it up and bring it back home" he said walking further into the room lit by torches on the wall. The women just laughed at him. She had long blond hair that was currently down from her usual braid. She had a lip ring and her ears pierced with silver and golden studs all the way up her ear. She wore her usual black under shirt and brown pants.

The women stood, her dark blue eyes searching Shadows "She probably would, you know you should tell her she'd be more then welcomed if she joined our guild" the 'queen' of this so called guild said. Shadow sighed heavily "look sweetheart I know you want to bed my sister but I don't think any of those dreams of your is ever going to come true" he said and smiled at her "But me on the other hand" he didn't get to finish as that mug on the barrel was flung at him and he ducked laughing.

"Back to business Velvet, there was a thief who broke into Lord Haris' house. Only taking a worthless family heirloom" he said and the women sat back down grabbing one of her letters off the table and reading it. Shadow had to admit even though she was a thief she looked really toned and despite him hating the images running through her head she wouldn't be that bad for Shade. He could see through the thoughts of just wanting to bed her to the thoughts that really cared for her. Plus she had saved Shades life before. Though if you asked Shade she would say it never happened.

"Ya I heard of it, none of my mates. Though there is a strange rumor going around that there's a new cult starting up. They're going to try and trash the ball at the King's home in a fortnight" she said handing him the letter. He took a few steps forward taking the letter and reading it. It was listed as a report from one of the thieves that infiltrated the king's castle. Some of the servants saw black robed men walking in some of the hidden passage ways. "You think your thief is lying about this?" Shadow asked handing her back the report. She shrugged "He's loyal to me but it wouldn't be the first time he misstated a priest for a cultist" she said and Shadow sighed "You think those Zealots for Storm are back?" He asked again Velvet shrugged then grabbed another letter "No, they are loud and proud, these ones are up to something. Something darker than just making us aware of the god that walks among us" she said and as Shadow took the next one reading it Velvet summarized it. "Vampire coven throwing a party tomorrow for all vampires out in the woods, east of here. Those vampires have been here a while, I know some have already infiltrated this city waiting for something... right now there hiding in the shadows" she said and Shadow sighed raking his hand through his hair.