Chapter 27

Chapter 27

       One thing I hated the most was being woken up from my sleep. I loved my sleep almost as much as I loved my music and to have someone wake me from it was a dangerous thing.

       That happened today. I was woken suddenly by someone repeatedly smacking my face with a pillow. "Get out of bed, you stupid piece of hugger-mugger!" Cannon said, still smacking me with the pillow.

       I sat up and ripped the pillow out of his hand, throwing it at him. I rubbed my eyes and groaned. "Why the hell did you wake me up?" I asked. "It's a Saturday!" I looked at the clock beside my bed. "And it's seven in the morning! Are you insane?!"

       Cannon just smiled at me. "I'm as insane as they come, babe."

       I glared at him. He always gave me the most ridiculous nicknames and I hated all of them. "Get a life," I snapped.

       "Whoa, someone's cranky," Cannon said. "Just because you're seventeen now, it doesn't mean you can be a spoiled little snot."

       "Uh huh," I muttered. Then I realized what he just said. "Seventeen?"

       "It's your birthday, you ungrateful idiot," Cannon said, once again causing me to glare at him again.

       "Would you stop it with the names?" I asked. "I'm not in a good mood today, so I would appreciate it if you were to leave my room so I could go back to sleep."

       "No can do, babe," Cannon said, taking my wrist and pulling me out of bed. "You're coming downstairs because your dad made you breakfast and it would be a shame to throw it out. Although, I would be more than happy to eat it for you."

       I scowled as I pushed passed him and headed downstairs. Why did I have to get an annoying best friend? Why couldn't I have one that wouldn't wake me up early and wouldn't give me stupid names?

       When I got to the kitchen, both of my parents smiled at me. "Happy birthday, Hunter," Dad said.

       "More like stupid birthday," I muttered under my breath as I sat down at the table. 

       "How are you feeling?" Mom asked.

       "Still the same."

       "So heartbroken?" Cannon asked.

       "Yes, thank you for saying that in a considerate way," I said sarcastically. I hated when they brought up that I was still heartbroken over Violet breaking up with me and dating Levi, even though it happened over a month ago. 

       "You don't need Violet," Cannon said, sitting down beside me. "Find someone better and move on."

       "You think that's easy?" I asked. "I tried getting over her, but I can't. I doubt I would find anyone else."

       "You can always date me, babe."

       "Will you stop with the babe thing?"

       Cannon just gave me a smirk as he went to the fridge and poured himself some orange juice. He really got on my nerves at times.

       Dad placed a plate of pancakes and bacon in front of me and I began eating it, still very much scowling. "What, no thank you?" Dad asked.

       My reply? Glaring at him.

       "Hunter, you need to stop with this mood," Dad said in a calm voice.

       "Well, sorry for being in a bitchy mood for the past month," I snapped.