Chapter 5

Chapter 5

       Things didn't go so well for me when I went to school on Monday. I guessed a lot of people watched the talk show because as soon as I walked in, almost everyone ran up to me to talk to me.

       "You're Austin Bolton's son!"

       "I can't believe Austin's son goes to this school!"

       "Can you get your dad to get me an autograph?"

       Someone broke through the crowd, saying, "Excuse me," constantly until she reached me. It was Violet, thankfully. "Sorry everyone!" she announced, grabbing my wrist. "He has a tutoring session before class starts. Please move so he can get through." Surprisingly, they moved out of the way, allowing Violet to pull me all the way to the library.

       "We don't have a tutoring session," I said once we were in the thankfully vacant library.

       "I know that," Violet said. "I knew you hated the attention so I got you away from there."

       I smiled. "Thank you. That's surprisingly the nicest thing anyone has ever done."

       "No problem," Violet said.

       "I just don't get why everyone is treating my like I'm famous," I said.

       "Two things," Violet said. "One, I'm not. And two, that's because you are famous."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "Me? Famous? That's hilarious."

       "No, I'm serious," Violet said. "It's all over the school website. Post after post is about a celebrity being at the school."

       "Celebrity?" I asked. "I am not a celebrity. I don't act in movies. I don't have an album. Half of these people probably didn't even know my name yesterday."

       "Well, you being on the talk show definitely changed everything," Violet said. "They all think that since your parents are so talented, you inherited their talent."

       "Really?" I asked. "They're just assuming that I can sing and act because of my parents?"

       "Can you?" Violet asked.

       "Well, yes, but that's beside the point," I admitted. "I don't want everyone thinking I'm just like my parents. I'm my own person. There's a lot of things that are different between us."

       "Like what?" Violet asked.

       "Like......" I began, but I had to think for a bit. My drinking problem? I wouldn't admit that, and my dad had one to. "I have a horse."

       Violet raised her eyebrows. "That's what's different?"

       I shook my head. "No, there's more. Um.......I have a tattoo."

       Violet sighed. "Hunter, those two things are something you chose to have. Wait. You have a tattoo?"

       I nodded and pulled up my sweater sleeve, revealing the double music note tattoo on my wrist. "Yeah, my parents weren't so happy when they found out that I got it."

       "Normally I don't like tattoos, but I like the one you have," Violet said. "It's a nice choice. Anyway, is there really anything different between you and your parents?"

       I sighed. "Besides my dyslexia, not really, no. We all love music and acting. I guess I really am like my parents."

       "There's nothing wrong with that," Violet assured. "Some people may look at you and see your parents, but when I look at you, I see Hunter. I've known you way before I found out who your parents are. I'm still going to treat you the same."