Chapter 12: This is May

I opened my eyes and I was being pushed and also pulled. I fell in arms. I looked up and it was Ralph. I looked by me and their was Cody.

"Don't scare me like that!"they both yelled.

My eyes widen but they started to water. "I'm sorry." I cried.

Cody got up and walked over. Ralph sighed and pat my head.

"Next time I'll tell the Coach I'm busy."he said.

"I'm sorry." I said wiping my face.

"It's my fault." Cody said.

"Don't blame yourself." Ralph said glancing at him. "You didn't make him trip or a car come."he said wiping my face. "All that matters is that no one got hurt."he said.

"Yeah." Cody said smiling a bit.

After that whole thing I was yelled at by dad. Which shocked me. Which I knew he really cared. Cause he's never yelled or cried like that before. So now I'm in my room trying to decide what to wear tomorrow and other stuff. Like Cody.

"Uggghhh." I groaned and fell back on my bed. "I could find Cody someone. But he might just get mad." I said to myself as I looked up at the ceiling.

I feel terrible. Here my best friend likes me and I had to reject him. I feel so terrible. Cody must be hurting. But what am I suppose to do?

"Daaaadddyyy?!" I yell and he comes to my room still looking a bit mad.

"Yes Blaise."he said stirring on my bed.

"Cody likes me." I said.

"Oh really?"he said rolling his eyes.

"You knew?" I asked.

"It's normal for the person not to know when people like them especially if it's their friend or best friend."he said shrugging. "But yeah."he said.

"What am I suppose to do?" I asked.

"Still treat him the same...but don't pretend like you don't know his feelings."he said. "Be careful."he said patting my head.

"How about I find him someone?" I ask.

"It could work or it could make him very upset with you."he said.

"Daaad." I whined.

"What?"he said rolling his eyes with a smirk.

"What am I suppose to do? I feel terrible." I said.

"First you should start wearing sweaters to hide your neck."he said smirking. My face heated up and I covered my neck. "Two why don't you just be yourself but think before saying and doing something. Or you could ask Cody himself."he said standing up.

"That's embarrassing! Why would I ask him personally?" I say and then I hear a knock on my door.

I look over to my left. "Looks like he would like to talk to you."he said and left my room.

Cody walked in and sat on the end of my bed. "Hey."he said.

"Hey." I said back.

"This is awkward."he said.

"You saying that doesn't help!" I say and he laughs.

"No...I guess not."he said and smiled.

"We're still best friends...right?" I asked.

"Yeah, as long as you don't mind."he said shrugging.

"Don't flirt too much with me or I won't know how to react." I say and he laughs.