Chapter 18- Decisions unmade

Start from the beginning

"Father" She returned the short greeting.

"Stella, you need to come home." He shook his head. "This isn't right, you're not supposed to be here."

"Neither are you? This has nothing to do with you," She spat.

He swallowed carefully and took a step closer to which I tightened my grip around her waist.

"I get notified whenever this young man steps foot in here, which is very often." He glared at me.

"W-Why?" Her voice shook slightly as she tried to steady herself.

There was so much things that she didn't know, so many things she was clueless about, and I wish I could tell her everything, but some things are just meant to be kept secrets.

"I'll be at home Stella. Where indeed you should be too" He dodged her question and began walking towards the double doors.

Stella shivered and slowly faced me.

I bit my cheek and let my arms fall down my my sides.

"Are you ready to go home?"

"Y-yea" Her voice was small and barely audible, yet I still took her hands in mines and walked her out the doors.

Standing by the door way was Louis.

He jolted straight when he saw us coming. I nodded at him, and his shoulders slumped more comfortably and his eyes lit up the slightest.

"Thanks man," I patted his shoulder and he was at lost for words so he just nodded.

Stella gave my hand an extra squeeze.

Then we headed out of the cold walls, the stone brick walls that I memorised, the place where I had been one too many times, and walked to her car and drove out into the night...

I knew I would never forget this day, for many reasons as the day I confessed my love for Stella, got arrested for a false conviction, and drunk until I saw two of everything. But the past events had still managed to sober me up. Stella still took precautions and drove us home. To my flat. 

Our flat.

***

"The poems are due in two weeks! I hope you guys are working on them!" Mrs. Baldwin chirpily warned.

Harry looked back at me and smiled his dimpled smile.

I shyly looked down, tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and smiled back at him.

Some of our peers stared, and whispered, some passed notes and glanced at us, I knew they were talking about us, half of the school was already buzzing about Harry and I, but little did they know that Harry and I were just..Fuck buddies.

Every since that night we hadn't talked about us, or the I love you's, we hadn't talked about anything related too us,  and that made me slightly nervous.

I kept thinking maybe it was because we were new to this..whatever this way going on between. Neither of us knew what to do from here.

It's been exactly 5 days since the arrest and today being Monday, I decided that it was time to come home.

Lux was home, Harry brought her home the next night, and made sure he paid attention to every breath she took, every hiccup, or cough, or bat of her lashes.

Harry was so caring and attentive, it made me sick how Des would ever frame him. His own son. His own blood, and flesh.

I copied down the remaining notes on the board and took out my unfinished poem... I had made 3 drafts, the first one being a bit harsh and judgemental, due to the fact that was the day Harry had tried to kiss me, but then later on that day we had met up again at the park and he showed a new self. A self that I liked.