"Fuck you."

"You will." I gasped and hit his chest as he just laughed.

"Let me go, I don't want you to touch me." He smirked as I huffed.

"I want to touch you."

"Stop with the fucking innuendos and put me down because I know you're just trying to play me." His eyes softened.

"I don't want to hurt you anymore. I want you." He put me down but held onto my waist so I couldn't scramble away. I saw the sincerity in his words.

"We aren't a fairy tale, Hunter."

"I don't care. As long as I have you." Before I could say something snappy he captured my lips with his in a hypnotizing kiss.

My arms went around his neck while he pulled my body against his like we were trying to glue them together. My hand trailed down to his bare chest as our lips were pressing desperately. He bit my bottom lip but I didn't let him add tongue. Since I denied it, he pinched my butt and I gasped letting his tongue enter. (A/N I know this is buzzkill but this is so awkward for me to write okay bye)

We pulled away from each other, catching our breath. Hunter just started to kiss my jaw and then his lips trailed down to my neck. Before I could do anything, I felt his canine teeth graze the special spot on my neck and collar bone. Then he bit down into my skin. I gasped in pain, but that slowly dissipated to pleasure.

Hunter pulled his teeth out of my neck and black dots started to clog my vision, making my legs start to give in to gravity, but Hunter held me by my waist. I didn't want to be marked.

Before I was fully unconscious I looked at Hunter.

"You're an asshole." I whispered. And then it all went black.

.......

I peeled my eyes open, and when I sat up I realized I wasn't at home. I was on Hunter's bed, with Hunter clinging onto me. I tried to sit up, but he just pulled me back down closer to him. I hit his chest and he jolted awake.

"What the fuck, Ameth?" He asked. I shrugged, but then a pain in my neck made me whimper.

"Hunter. What did you do?" I asked in a warning tone. He didn't seem to care about the threat lacing between my words as he sighed and rubbed his eyes.

"I marked you." He said causally. I gasped and suddenly remembered everything. I attacked him and pinned him to the bed under me, but then I realized the suggesting position. Hunter just smirked and pulled a strand of my red hair behind my ear. I tried my best to glare at him.

"I didn't want to be marked yet."

"Well, I wanted you to be marked because you're mine."

"Hunter-"

"No, Ameth. It's natural for werewolves to mark once they meet their mate followed by mating a couple days later. We just had a rocky start to the normal mating process."

"What if I don't want it to be normal."

"You don't want to mate in a couple days?" His eyebrows furrowed in a frown, suddenly making me feel guilty.

"I-I don't know." I got off of him and sat beside him looking at the grey sheets. I felt Hunter move beside me, and then his arm was around my shoulder.

"It's okay. I don't want to rush you any further." I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder.

When it all seemed to finally relax there was screams of protest outside. I looked over at Hunter with wide eyes before jumping off the bed and bolting out the door. Once I was outside I saw the whole thing.

Cassandra was being carried by Chase, but she was scrambling to get out of his hold. I know the feeling.

But she didn't seem like herself. Angry, scared, just not... normal. He entered the hospital wing, so I ran over to the building.

"Chase!" I yelled. He turned from the table he put Cassandra on, and people rushed over to hold her down.

"What's going on?" I asked once I reached him.

"It's her transformation. Well, a part of it." He explained, but I was still confused.

"What's happening to her?" I asked curiously, and he thought about it.

"I think they're possessing her." He said. After that Cassandra shot up from the table and tried to strangle a doctor, but a nurse behind her stuck her with a syringe, injecting a liquid. She fell back down on the table, unconscious.

Hunter finally made it inside and over to us, his shirt on now, much to my disappointment. The doctors did some tests and then wrote things down.

"The spirits-" he started but Chase interrupted.

"There's more than one?!"

"Y-yes, and that isn't likely to happen, but since this is a part of her Dark Wolf development it is to test strength."

"Shit." Chase cursed.

"Like I was saying." The doctor eyed Chase. "The spirits are attempting to change Cassandra's emotional connections. That will change her personality, and nothing can fix it back if they succeed."

"Wait." Chase interrupted again. "That isn't supposed to happen. I read every Dark Wolf book and that wasn't stated in the development stage!"

"Yes, we also know that, but this is happening because she is refusing the evil powers, and something or someone wants to change that."

"Who would?" I asked. The pack doctor looked over at me and sighed.

"One of the evil beings that has power. Most likely one of the Princes of Hell. They have power in the underworld unlike the spirits down there, and they can call this upon Cassandra because she isn't developed in her power yet. Once she retains control over the underworld they can't do anything like this to her again."

"Fuck." Chase muttered under his breath. "What should we do? She's out of control."

"I suggest put her in that insane room, and we watch through cameras to see if anything happens."

"Fine. I'll pick her up and meet you there." Chase said, then turned to Cassandra on the table. He picked her up and turned to us, giving us confused looks but choosing to ignore it. "Don't let this information get out." He said before leaving.

I hope Cassandra can fight off the evil, because I can't loose a best friend.

.........

AMETH POV YAY

now you know who her mate is, and it is a little predictable.