|15|

Cassandra

"Cassandra." Something poked my cheek.

"Mmmm." I whined into my pillow.

"Cassandra." I didn't answer.

"You have to get up. You have school." Obviously, I'm not a morning person. So what do I do to people that wake me up? I hit them.

And that's what I did.

"Woah there!"

"That's what you get, morning devil." I mumbled, putting my face back in my pillow.

"I don't have time for this, Cassandra, get up!" Chase ordered. "Don't make me get you out of bed my way." He threatened. His way? Is that by kissing other girls? Making fun of me?

I was suddenly lifted off the comfort of the warm bed and hanging over Chase's shoulder.

"Hey, put me down!" I punched his back.

"You're awake now, right?"

"Yes!" He put me back down on the ground, smirking at me. I crossed my arms clearly irritated and stomped off to my closet.

"You're not a morning person." I heard Chase chuckle.

"Thanks for stating the obvious." I mumbled.

"So how's it going with your mate situation?" Ameth asked and I shrugged.

"Like it was set out to be in the beginning. A disaster. He denied I was his mate to some bimbo." I ranted.

"I wish he was accepting and romantic like Drew is." Mandy giggled as Drew smiled at her. She was, as always, sitting on Drew's lap.

"Just give him time. It's hard when you need to go from a complete player to a settled down boyfriend." Drew reasoned.

"I've been waiting for a mate since I first heard of them. Don't you think that if your mate didn't want you that you would be a complete mess?" I sighed, running my hands through my hair. Drew growled and pushed Mandy closer into his chest.

"She wouldn't be able to resist even of she didn't want me." Drew winked at a giggling Mandy. I pushed my tray to the middle of the lunch table.

"I've lost my appetite." I declared, causing Ameth to roll her eyes at me.

"Eat, you need to. Especially with all the stress you've been having lately."

"I'm good." I grabbed my tray and made my way to the trash can. After my food was now forever uneatable and my tray was on the to-wash stack for the lunch ladies I headed back to my table. Except, something caught my eye.

In the corner of the lunch room where the restrooms were there was Chase. Except, he wasn't being an innocent student. No, Chase was holding someone up from the ground, against a wall while yelling at him.

I couldn't think of anything else than running over to stop Chase from tormenting this guy.

"Chase?! What are you doing?!" The boy looked over at me, somehow amused.

"Teaching him a lesson." Chase stated, not daring to look back at me.

"What lesson exactly? That its okay to just randomly beat up people!" Chase turned towards me, eyes gone of green and a pure charcoal black.

"You don't know what happened." He whispered through gritted teeth.

"I don't think I need to." I crossed my arms over my chest. "Let him go." He dropped the still amused boy who smirked at me while walking away nonchalantly.

"Why?" I asked.

"You don't want to know."

"Oh, but I do."

"I don't want to tell you." He started to walk past me, but I put my hand on his shoulder to stop him.

"I don't care. Let me have a reason so I know you don't randomly beat up other people." He sighed, then completely faced me.

"He was spreading rumors." He muttered.

"About what?"

"You." My heart skipped a beat. He was beating someone up because they were talking about me.

"What was the rumor?" I finally asked, a little uncomfortable.

"Do I really need to tell you? I'm pretty sure knowing it was about you is enough."

"Tell me." I demanded. He bit his lip, debating wether he should tell me or not.

"That your kidnapping was planned by you to make you seem more desirable."

"But-" I started.

"I'm sorry you had to know." Chase said. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah. I'm just gonna go to the bathroom." I mumbled, turning back to the bathrooms. Before I could make it in the girls restroom I was pulled back.

"Don't listen to them. You're desirable without having to cause a scene. They're just trying to get to you." Chase whispered in my ear, sending shivers all over.

Believe everything he tells you. It makes me happy, my wolf told me.

Why is he suddenly complimenting me? I thought he hated my guys but then all of a sudden he is helping me through heat, saving me from being kidnapped, and protecting me from gossip.

"Why are you so nice all of a sudden?" I didn't mean for that to actually come out, but it did.

He didn't answer, he just left holding me, walking back to the cafeteria.

Maybe I was wrong.

Cold, fear, and blood. That's what described my situation.

"P-please," I stuttered. "I'll behave."

A dark chuckle rang throughout the dark, cold room.

"You think I believe you?" He asked.

"I don't want to be whipped." I sobbed into my hands. My back was fully open, my shirt not even on, wounds freshly opened. He makes me take it off when we come down here so there is more access, leaving me only in my bra.

I felt violated and disgusting. This wasn't right. Another man besides Chase is not suppose to see me in this little clothing. My mark reminded me of that every time I felt his eyes on me.

"Then don't break the rules, Cassandra." The way he said my name burned through me. It was like touching fire.

I felt his cold fingers trace circles on my back, causing game to flinch. The circles trailed lower and lower every second.

I sat up from the bed, gasping for comfortable air and Chase sat up, too. I quickly clutched his shirt like it was my life on the line, my eyes wider than the moon.

"Don't let me go back." I whispered. His eyes widened as his eyebrows furrowed.

"I can't go back."

"Why? What are you talking about?" He asked.

"He touched me." I gulped. His eyes darkened. "He hurt me." Tears started to fog up my vision. "He scarred me." I started to sob, letting Chase hug me. He was trying to comfort me, but I knew it was only for his wolf, buy I did my best to ignore that fact to calm myself down.

After I calmed down a little I opened my eyes to have a look around the room and immediately spotted something in the corner of the room.

A black box.

•••