It's, like. Her head is throbbing, pain no longer dull but sharp and clawing at every inch of her, and she can feel it, can feel it crawling up her throat and she doesn't even have time to give Jade a fair warning before she jerks herself away, staggering towards the hallway bathroom and she knows she won't make it to the toilet so she aims for the sink, instead, spewing breakfast and lunch and the really good iced tea she'd been drinking in the car into the pretty marble sink with the shiny silver faucet.

She barely has time to recover before she hears Jade's footsteps approaching, socked feet on carpet and then a tiny hand is on her back, heat seeping through her shirt and coming to curl around her spine like a napping cat.

"Hey," Jade says gently, moving closer so her hip is bumping Perrie's waist, smoothing back the sweaty fringe from Perrie's forehead and Perrie is still gasping, out of breath, knuckles white as she clutches the edge of the counter. The pain is a little better now, reduced to a dull ache, like her head is being very, very slowly squeezed by a vice instead of, say, crushed under the weight of an anvil. "Babe," she tries again, fingers gently tugging at her bicep. "What can I do?"

When she can finally breathe again, nausea still coming and going in waves, Perrie croaks out, "Water. Please." Jade is nodding, out the door and clomping on down the hall towards the kitchen before Perrie can press her back against the wall, sliding to sit on the cool tiled floor. It feels wonderful against her burning skin and she shifts so she can lay down, pressing her temple and she has to bite back a groan of relief, eyes slipping shut. It's so nice. It'd probably be nicer if it weren't the tile in their guest bathroom, but she's going to take what she can get.

She's so lost in the feeling of the freezing tiles soothing her throbbing head that she doesn't even Jade coming back down the hallway until she's at Perrie's side, panic-stricken voice slicing through the quiet like a knife and Perrie jerks up, only to find Jade with one hand clutching a glass of ice water, the other pressed over her chest like she's nearly had a heart attack.

"Sorry," Perrie mumbles, embarrassed, but not too embarrassed to pry the glass from Jade's hand and take an almost painfully large gulp of water. "Just resting. Felt nice on my head."

Jade's eyes are wide, still coming down from the fright of finding her girlfriend lying motionless on the bathroom floor, but she cracks a tiny smile anyway. "You goof," she mutters, fingers smoothing across Perrie's forehead. Checking for a fever, Perrie realizes, practically swooning at the gesture.

"You don't feel warm," Jade says finally, standing and extending a hand to Perrie, pulling her up and promptly sweeping her off her feet, gathering her up in her arms.

"Jade," she protests weakly, slamming tiny fists against Jade's chest in vain. "Let me down."

Jade just grins, that little shit, and carries her up the stairs, depositing her gently onto their shared bed like she's precious cargo before crawling onto the bed next to her, lying on her belly and kicking her legs up, crossing and uncrossing them like a child. It's ridiculously endearing and Perrie kind of wants to kiss her.

"Jade," Perrie repeats, rolling over so as to get some distance from her favorite girl in the world. "'M sick. Gonna get you all germy."

Jade chuckles fondly, rolling over so she's just as close to Perrie as when she started. "Don't care. Gonna take care of you, boo." She rests a warm hand on Perrie's belly and her stomach flutters when she realizes yet again just how tiny Jade's hands are, covering almost nothing on her torso. Jade notices too, murmuring a fond, "So big. My big Pez."

And, yeah. Perrie could get used to this.

What she hasn't gotten used to, however, is the constant vomiting. Emphasis on constant. It's been just over a week since she first emptied the contents of her stomach into the sink in the downstairs bathroom, but it's just getting worse. It feels like every time she's puked her guts and then some into the toilet there's another brick weighing down her stomach, bile burning her throat. Eventually, she gives in and drags a pillow and blanket into the bathroom she shares with Jade and camps out in the tub.

When Jade finds her there, cocooned in blankets in the porcelain tub, half-asleep and drooling just a bit, she does two things. First, he laughs. Second, she scoops Perrie up and before Perrie can even protest she's in the fucking doctor's office with Jade fingers tracing patterns on the back of her hand, feeling more nauseous than she ever did in his little bath fort.

But it's nothing. The doctor checks her vitals, asks about her symptoms, tells her to get lots of rest, drink lots of fluids and take some Advil. That's it.

Perrie's glare on the way home nearly burns a hole in the back of Jade's head.

~

This is chapter one! The entire book was written in one part so i had to cut to make chapters, but here it is.

X