"Please."

“Please!” The sound of the begging was so broken. It was pitiful. It was mournful. It was unlike anything ever heard.

It cried. It wailed. It pleaded. It screamed.

“Please.” It whimpered and wheezed. It had nothing left. It was torn beyond repair. “Let me die. Let me die. Let me die.” More cries of agony filled the air as the sentence repeated itself over and over like a broken record.

The scream was so painful it was turning into white noise. It was painted with misery and dipped into despair. The desperation in it made the stoniest of hearts break.

Tears rolled. Hearts broke.

The earth felt like it was shaking. Everything moved and shattered along with the torment being endured.

The voice was choked into surrendered.

Tortured and denied of mercy. It was succumbing to the end, but it didn’t seem to be enough. Nothing seemed to be enough.
It whined and moaned. It was empty. It was everything and it was nothing. It was the end and the beginning.

“Die- Let me die!” The words were bleeding and blending. They choked and gasped. They almost weren’t comprehensible, but they didn’t need to be anything else. They made all the sense in the world. There was no clearer way of expression.

It sobbed. I sobbed. I felt so hollow.
I begged once more but my voice was unrecognizable. It was raspy and wrong.

I had nothing left in me to scream. I was exhausted in a way I had never been before. I was so sure that it was the end, I wanted to be put out of my misery.

Then something happened that I was confident wouldn’t happen ever again.

I started hearing.

I recognized voices. They were distressed and almost as desperate at me. They were screaming at each other and they were too loud. A whimper broke through me.

I wanted out.

I couldn’t tell which voice belonged to who.

“You’re dying!” But I already knew.

“Stop!” I was past exhausted. I was practically a dead body. My senses were heightening more and more. It was overwhelming and I was tired. The perfect combination to a blissful sleep.

“It's too late.” The last voice was my parting gift as I swam into darkness. Just as I was about to drown, I woke again in a blink of a second.

All those voices vanished in that second.

Everyone had gone silent. My pain suddenly decreased dramatically.

I could only hear the movement of one person. They moved from the other end of the room to my side. While I was waiting for them to approach me, my fingers extended. The fabric of sheets met my fingertips. I realized I was laid upon a bed.

A hand covered mine.

I jerked at the contact. It felt too intense.

My head shook slightly as my eyes refused to open. I was feeling claustrophobic and frustrated. I clenched and unclenched my eyelids trying to pry them from each other. I let out a cry when they peeled away; leaving me with a major sting.

Everything was black. Had I gone blind?

My body numb and tingling. Another hand caressed my cheek urging me to wake up. The room was dark, but I could make out Vada’s body. She caressed like a mother would do her child. Her affection brought tears into my eyes.

I gasped for air when I forgot to breath. My whole face crumbled. “Vada.” Her name came out in a silent whisper. She pulled me to her chest. When my breathing calmed, she gave me a smile full of sweet nothings. With that smile she told me she understood. That it was ok now.

I watched her intently as she walked out of the door before reentering with Rosa. They were the only people in the room. I wondered where everyone had gone to. I pulled myself up the headboard; I had energy. My throat didn’t feel as bad as it did before. I felt normal. At least physically.

Seeing the question coming I answered; “I feel like shit.”

Rosa shook her head. “We just can’t get rid of you, can we?” her tone and expression were warm despite her words. When silence filled the spot of my usual sarcastic comebacks she calmly responded. “You’ll go back to normal in no time.”

I nodded. Not really believing a word coming out of her.

“You were out for a few days. Remember what happened?” I wish I didn’t, but I remembered everything. The hours of torture I had to endure.

“How am I alive?” I know I shouldn’t have been. Not only did I go to the edge of death but I didn’t stop there. I met death face to face. I knew it was the end.

Why was here? How was I here?

“You owe it all to the alpha.” Rosa said with exaggeration. Her statement intrigued me. What had he done that was so generous?
“What happened?”

“You were injected with a poison strong enough to kill you. We had to do a full body blood transfusion for you. You have Alpha blood running in your veins right now.”

I was shocked to the core. I didn’t even know what that meant. I was wondering if Alpha blood had better healing properties. That would explain why I had no pain whatsoever.

Wait.

“Is he ok?” If he had to donate enough blood to do a full blood transfusion for me; what was happening to him?

Vada sat on the bed as Rosa walked closer to me.

“It was a difficult process. We had to do the transfusion in sessions. He had to have time to regenerate after each blood donation.” We as in Rosa? She was a doctor?

“How long did it take?”

“52 hours. It took a toll on him.”

She started protesting when I pulled back the sheets and stood up. Vada’s hands found my shoulders when I wobbled to the door. I was dizzy and woozy all over with the determination of a kid in a candy store. I was officially a crazy person. That didn’t stop me though.

I trudged the rest of the way.

My hearing was better than ever. I heard his inconsistent breathing before I saw him. Two rooms from mine, there he was. A silly excuse of a blanket over him. Pale and weak. Cade looked like he was run over by a tank; and even that was an understatement.

My heart clenched at the sight.

My fist followed suit.

He laid on a bed looking to the ceiling until his eyes fixated on my stomping figure. My feet treaded heavily and noisily. My anger filling the air. Hand raised in the air with clear intention.

I slapped him across his face.

“Who the fuck do you think you are?!” My vocal cords strained. Caden looked awestruck. Probably not a reaction he was expecting. I was a whole storm.

I went to struck him again when my arms were pulled back. I was shouting profanities and swearing like a sailor. He sat up his bed. What a sight I was to see. I looked like a madman.