Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

---

The following Saturday, Camila and Lauren walked into the alley behind the coffee shop bright and early to meet the girls so they could go out. Ally told them to meet here between ten thirty and eleven, which meant they would have to wake up at nine if they wanted to bathe and still have time to walk all the way through the forest.

Lauren was a lot more tired than usual because of how little sleep she got – she wasn't used to waking up so early – so she dragged her feet and moped around as she walked. Camila had to practically drag her as they walked because of how slow she was going.

When they FINALLY arrived in the alley, they were alone. None of the other girls were even there yet. Lauren groaned and hit her head against Camila's shoulder. "No one's here." She complained. "We didn't have to wake up so early." Lauren wrapped her arms around the younger girls' torso. "Caaaamz I'm SO tired."

"You need to start waking up earlier." Camila smiled and held her up. "If you woke up at a normal time, you wouldn't be so tired." She told her.

Lauren groaned. "Being awake is for chumps."

Fortunately, Ally's car pulled up a couple minutes later. Dinah was in the front seat, Normani was in the back seat, and there were to empty seats for the demons next to her. Camila pulled Lauren over to the car and got in, yanking Lauren in after she sat down.

"Hey guys!" Ally greeted cheerily. "What's wrong with Lauren?" She asked, noticing her expression.

Camila pushed some hair out of Lauren's eyes and buckled her seatbelt for her. "Lauren's just a little sleepy." She explained, reaching for her hand and lacing their fingers together.

"Are y'all still up for going? You can go back home and sleep if you're not really feeling up for it. It's going to be a really long day." Ally said, wanting to make sure everyone was comfortable and happy. "We can always reschedule."

The brunette looked over at Lauren who was resting her cheek on Camila's shoulder and snoring softly. "I think she'll be okay." Camila smiled. "If she naps until we get there, she'll be fine." She waved her hand, insisting it was no big deal.

"Are you sure?" Ally asked one last time for confirmation. Camila hummed. "Alrighty." The oldest smiled. "We're off to the ice skating rink!" She said happily.

Everyone cheered quietly so they wouldn't wake Lauren, and they began their drive. "What are all of the places we're going today?" Normani questioned.

Dinah pulled out her phone where she had a list of each place, along with alarms so they would have time for each activity. Ally thought it would be more organized that way. She cleared her throat before answering. "First, we're going ice skating for an hour. Then we're going to the movies. From three thirty to five we're bowling, five thirty to seven we're shopping, and lastly, seven thirty to nine we're at the beach." She says.

Camila's eyes widened. Her and Lauren are going to have to either take a bus home early or find a way to hide their eyes because the sun was most definitely going to go down and their demon eyes were going to show. Maybe they could pick up some sunglasses at the mall.

"That sounds so fun!" Normani clapped. "How long until we get to the rink? Any traffic?"

Ally hummed and glanced over at her GPS on the dashboard. "Half an hour." She says, pulling onto the freeway.

No one really talked the rest of the way there. Dinah and Ally occasionally talked about the GPS directions, but that was it. Normani scrolled through her phone and Camila rubbed Lauren's hair while looking out of the window. Lauren stayed asleep the entire time, resting peacefully against her girlfriend's shoulder.