Chapter Five

As Camila laid back on Lauren's couch, flipping through a magazine from a couple months back, Lauren was questioning her supposed immortality. There wasn't a giant sign that said "Hey you're immortal, go nuts and don't ever worry about dying!!!" so how was she supposed to know if she could really live forever? She would have to rely solely on Camila's word. Lauren tried to put off her thoughts by joining the other girl in reading but after half an hour of rereading the same paragraph over and over again, (due to lack of concentration) Lauren groaned and closed the magazine. The younger girl broke away from the old news story to look at Lauren.

"What's wrong?" Camila asked, referring to the noise Lauren let out.

"Are you sure you're immortal? We're immortal?" The older girl questions with her thumbnail between her teeth.

"Are you still on about that?" The brunette chuckles. "Yes I'm sure."

"I'm not saying that you're lying or anything, I just can't really believe it." Lauren clarifies. "It seems logical because of all the other special demon characteristics but... I don't know."

"I'd be happy to show you that I can survive something deadly but I really don't have the energy to stand up. My head still hurts a bit." Camila momentarily closes her eyes, thinking. "Can you do me a favor? Like a really huge favor?" She rolls on her side to face Lauren.

"Anything." Lauren nods.

"Is it okay if I sleep over tonight?" She rests the uninjured side of her head in her hand. "I don't think I'm well enough to walk all the way home just yet."

"Of course, you can stay as long as you need." Lauren smiles warmly.

"Thank you so much, Lauren. For everything, I really appreciate it." The girl spoke sincerely.

Lauren just smiled.

As Camila was deep in her own thoughts, Lauren was trying to come up with sleeping arrangements for tonight. The couch was big enough for two people if they were really close but she wasn't sure how comfortable Camila would be with sleeping next to Lauren. She could let Camila take the couch and just sleep on the floor. She'd need a second blanket though. Or Lauren could sleep across from Camila on the coffee table and hope the blanket would reach both of them.

Camila was trying to think of ways to pay Lauren back for everything she's done for her. Even though they were strangers just last week, the older girl helped Camila out a lot. She felt bad for asking to sleep over, too but Lauren still gladly allowed her to. There had to be some way she could help Lauren out.

"What time do you go to sleep?" Camila asked, obviously tired already despite not doing anything today.

"We can go to bed now. I was thinking about going into town tomorrow so it would be best if I was well rested." Lauren shared. She got up to grab the blanket and pillows from the shelf and handed them to Camila.

"Is this enough room for you?" The younger demon asked after scooting back.

"Oh I was just going to take the floor."

Camila snorts. "Don't be silly, it's your house. You should be on the couch, too. We can both fit up here." Lauren looked hesitant. "Come on." She patted the cushion. The older girl gave in and laid with her back to Camila. "Goodnight." She draped her arm over Lauren's torso.

"G-goodnight." Lauren let out. How was she supposed to fall asleep with Camila so close?

She didn't.

Each time Lauren began to doze off, Camila shifted. She tightened her arm around Lauren's stomach. She laced their legs together. She buried her face in her neck. She did cute little things that made Lauren's heartbeat quicken. Not like she minded. When Lauren opened her eyes the following morning, it felt like she only shut them seconds ago. So much for being well rested.