Chapter Twenty Six

After the barista didn't reply, Camila spoke again. "Funny running into you here, huh?"

"The funniest." Normani said dryly. Camila didn't know why she was so intimidated by the girl at this moment. She's never been this scared of the barista before. Maybe it was because Lauren was putting images of her getting kidnapped by her in her head.

The demon grabbed the pistachio bag she wanted off the shelf and started to step away. "Well I'm going to go back with Lauren now so I'll see you-"

"No, Camila." Spoke Normani in a demanding tone. "You're going to stay here, and you're going to listen to what I have to say." Camila swallowed. "You need to stay away from Lauren."

"She's my girlfriend." The demon stated, suddenly growing more confident as Lauren was mentioned. She had to be strong for her girl. She was going to defend her.

The barista rolled her eyes and continued. "Not for long. You're going to break up with her or else." She threatened.

"Or else what? You'll ban us from the coffee shop? Not if Ally can help it." The brown eyed girl crossed her arms.

"Ally isn't going to find out about any of this. No one is. It's just you and me." She told her. Camila felt somewhat relieved to know that Normani and Derik were still clueless. Knowing their master plan gave them the upper hand, right?

"I'm not breaking up with her, Normani. You have no control over me." The demon said, remembering she was much stronger than the human and could easily fight and win... if that's where she was going.

"If you don't break up with her you'll regret it. I'll-"

Normani was cut off by Lauren coming up from behind the younger demon. "Hey, what's taking so long?" She asked.

Instantly, the demanding girl switched to a sweet voice and casual stance. "Hi, Lauren." She smiled, batting her eyelashes.

"Hi, Normani..." The green eyed girl faked a smile in return. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, I was just talking with your," She cleared her throat. "GIRLFRIEND here and she was telling me how much fun you all had on your double date with Dinah and Ally a few days ago." She lied easily.

"She was?" Lauren raised her eyebrow and looked down at her girlfriend. Camila tried her hardest to get a message across with her eyes but failed. Lauren turned to face Normani without at the younger girl long enough to realize she was signaling her.

"Yep! Maybe next time it can be a triple date and Derik and I can come along too." She suggested.

Camila placed her hand on Lauren's lower back and pinched her skin, causing her to jerk forward. Lauren looked over at the younger girl and FINALLY got took the hint that Camila wanted to leave.

"Yeah, maybe." Lauren smiled and started to push the cart away. "We'll catch up with you later. Bye Normani!" She said and turned around before the girl could respond; wanting to get her girlfriend out of the obvious uncomfortable situation she was in.

"Thank you." Camila let out a breath once the demons were back in the front of the store.

Lauren stopped walking. "What happened?"

"She threatened me." The demon scowled. "She said I need to break up with you OR ELSE." She informed Lauren. Before the older girl could say anything, Camila started up again. "I'm not going to break up with you just because Normani said I should." She eased her girlfriend's mind. Lauren smiled slightly. Camila knew her so well. "I love you." She pecked her nose.

"I love you, too." Lauren replied softly then went right back to questioning the younger girl. "Was Derik there too? God, I shouldn't have left you alone. I should have gone with you."