Chapter 1: Lee Jung Na and Jung Eun Joo

Chapter One: Lee Jung Na and Jung Eun Joo

"Lee Jung Na! Is my lesson that boring?!" Mr Kim, my history teacher yelled from across the classroom.

I sat up straight immediately after dozing off for the 7th time.

Mr Kim really shouldn't be a teacher.

"Jung Na ah, wanna hang and get some tteokkboki after this?" Eun Joo, my best friend nudged me and said.

"Of course!! Tteokkboki is my favourite!" I smiled and jumped in my seat excitedly.

Eun Joo has been my bestest friend since we were 9 years old. We were in the same junior school and even went to the same high school together- Changnam High School. She understands me best and we are inseparable. We do everything together and share everything.

I'm the only person who knows that she wet her bed until she was 14 and she's the only person in school who knows that I come from a rich family.

Eun Joo, is someone I will never want to lose.

The last bell of the day rang and I packed my bag in my fastest speed possible as I catch a glimpse of Eun Joo stuffing her books in her bag frantically. Pushing away everyone in the way, I ran all the way to the school's main gate, with Eun Joo arriving just a step later than me.

"HAHAHA! Guess who's paying for tteokkboki today!" I laughed in Eun Joo's face as she rolled her eyes at me.

This has been our "tradition" ever since we started high school. After the last bell rings, we would race each other to the school's main gate and the loser will have to pay for the food.

"Ahhhhh, our Eun Joo rolled her eyes at me. I'm gonna cry." I said as I tried to pull a sad face.

"Don't be silly, my small little helmet." Eun Joo said while hooking my elbow.

"Yah!!!!!!! Stop calling me that!"

"Ahhhh, so much memories." Eun Joo said while trying to hold in her laughter.

"Jung Eun Joo!!!!" I yelled while chasing after her.

We chased each other and joked while we made our way to the tteokkboki street stall.

"Ahjumma Kim! Annyeonghaseyo! I'm here! Tteokkboki please!" I said excitedly.

I have been here so much that Ahjumma Kim can recognize me and always give me extra servings. Ahjumma Kim makes the best tteokkboki in the world! and have I mentioned how good her sundae were too?!

After enjoying our tteokkboki, we started to walk home. We lived two blocks away and that's how we spend most of our time together.

Hey I'm Mr Simple Because I naughty naughty

Eun Joo's phone vibrates as her favourite song came on.

"Yoboseyo Appa? Ohhhh, ne. Arraso."

"Jung Na ah, I am sorry we can't walk home together today. Dad just called and he wants to have dinner together."

"It's okay! I will be fine on my own. Go on! I will see you tomorrow okay?"

We did our special handshake, hug and went seperate ways.

I pulled my jacket tighter as a cool breeze blew in my face. Looking down at my shoes, I realised how dirty they were.

"I'm gonna wash them when I get home.." I said to myself quietly.

As I was about to look up, I felt someone knock me over from behind.

"Ahhhhhh!" I yelped as I felt my knees scrape against the cold, rough ground.

................................................................... 

Hello everyone! Thank you for reading through chapter 1. Its pretty much boring, I know. But please continue to read! I promise it'll be better. hehehehe

xoxo. and someone, please help me on a cover! I don't have ideas on how to do one. :(