Prologue

Hi my name is Katherine Quileute I was born on January 21 Sometime in the 1300s B.C. one year after my father was turned into a vampire. I'm an only child My mom died giving birth to me and my dad is some where in Italy so my aunt is raising me. I grow faster then other kids so my aunt kept me hidden from other people but after a few thousand years I did make a friend that knew what I was but she didn't care because she is a witch just like my aunt but no one but me knows that. Because if anyone in the village knew they would kill my aunt pearl and my best friend Isabella. I can't loose them there the only ones I know who love me my aunt pearl told me about my parents. Like everyday my mom would sing to me while she was pregnant with me and my dad would kiss my moms stomach and whisper I love you little one. I know my parents loved me and that my dad left to keep me safe I still think about them but as long as my aunt pearl and friend Isabella are here I don't feel so lonely anymore. "Aunt pearl what am I. I age quicker then other kids and I'm smarter then everyone. Please aunt pearl tell me what am I." "I can't tell you Katherine you need to find out on your own. Your parents made me promise to not tell you and let you find out for your self. I'm sorry." "It's okay this is something I need to find out for myself." Today aunt pearl is letting me go into the village with Isabella so I can see what it's like there even though I'm scared people will not except me. Isabella stayed by my side so I felt comfortable with my surroundings and it worked I felt happy to be able to experience this. While in the village I met many people who complemented me on how beautiful I was. But I didn't feel beautiful I felt normal there was nothing special about me or the way I looked. Sixteen years after I met and became friends with Isabella she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl she name Elizabeth but five minuets after giving birth Isabella passed away after making me promise to rase Elizabeth as if she was my own child. I promised I would never let anyone harm Elizabeth as long as I lived after that day we bearied Isabella next to my mother.