Chapter Twenty-Three

Kiara | Gotti

Ever since that day, nobody was really acting the same. It was just like all our happiness flew out the window along with his death. No matter how hard we tried to keep a smile on our face, it wouldn't last.

I think Kobe's death hit Ayanna the hardest since she was right there when it happened. She ended up having panic attacks that whole week when he passed away. Now she just stays cooped up in her room.

Of course with Zai being pregnant, we didn't want anything to happen to the baby so we tried to keep her as calm as possible. She would mostly sleep during the day and at night she would just wake up crying.

It was now late September, and I would say everyone was doing a little bit better. The boys were back to their stupid selves and everyone tried to keep a smile on their face.

"Ayanna, you ready ?" Ms. Gina asked

"Yeah" She answered lowly

"Alright, let's go"

She stood up from the couch and grabbed her book bag, following behind her. They left out and I was literally the only person up in the house.

Zai and Herb went to sleep not even an hour ago and I knew they wouldn't be up until around 2 in the afternoon, well Zai would. I just scrolled on my Twitter timeline looking for something to entertain me.

Ayanna | Yanna

"Be good today Yanna" Mama said as I opened the car door

"No promises" I mumbled already having an attitude this morning

She pulled off and I walked up the steps to this stupid ass school. I walked straight to my homeroom and sat my head on the desk. I really hope no one bothers me because I don't have time for it today.

School seemed like it was flying by fast because it was now lunch. I sat at my regular table with the same bitches I hung with everyday, with the exception of Deshawn and Stitch.

I called him stitch cause he said something one day and I couldn't understand him. Plus, he's annoying as fuck.

"This meat nasty as hell" Tyra looked at the meatloaf which was on the plastic white fork

"I don't know why y'all eat that" Stitch shook his head "Shit look like something my Uncle would cook"

"Man what ?" Deshawn looked at him

"My uncle can't cook, so it makes sense to me just not to you"

"Whatever man"

"Aye, what the fuck Kayla keep looking over here for ?" Raina asked

"I don't know, but she better stop" I said as I looked over at her "Lil opp ass"

"I wish she would say that stupid ass shit around me, automatic pop the shit out of her" Stitch laughed

"Swear she bad cause she hang with them bitches over on Lakeside, you will get that ass beat around here" Raina said "This is 79th shit, fuck outta here"

The lunch bell rung and I threw my lunch in the trash. As we walked in the hallway, I could just hear Kayla running her mouth. I was about to let her finish talking her shit until I heard "The nine" leave her mouth.