Chapter 12: No Holding Back

Sly glared at the newcomer, clearly upset at being disturbed. Yang's heart lept in her chest partly out of relief that Nix was here, but also out of fear. The odds were against him on this one, and Sly and his crew were bad news. She could even things out if she could only free herself but the cuffs stuck tight. She would have to find the right opportunity to break out if they wanted to get out of this alive.

Sly growled at the boy. "Don't you know its rude to barge in on other peoples business? Run along boy, this doesn't concern you."

Nix's eyed burned, his face hard. "Actually, my dates business IS my business, so I'll give you one last chance to back off."

The gang leader laughed. "Tough guy, huh? Tryin to be some big hero for the lady? You're out of your league kid."

"Last chance."

Sly snarled, no longer amused. "Boys, take care of this punk would ya? Yang and I have some business to attend to." The henchmen moved in, some cracking their knuckles or necks, ready for an easy fight. Nix's face turned stern, and in a flash brought up his hands, his two revolvers materializing in an instant. They spun on his fingers once before he opened fire, snapping off three shots into the nearest henchman. The others recoiled in shock and dove for cover as the heavy slugs struck their target, the unlucky thug dropping dead as the bullets ripped through him. Sly did likewise, flipping a table over to protect himself. The other henchman drew their guns and started firing back, the rounds zipping passed Nix head. He launched himself sideways over the bar, shooting as he dove. Bullets peppered the wall above him, glass and liquid raining down on him as bottles shattered. He reloaded his weapons, the empty shells clinking at his feet as he replaced them. He had to find a way to free Yang or else this fight was going to be over real quick. His mind raced as bullets continued to fly overhead, peaking his head up to return fire occasionally. He suddenly got an idea, and quickly grabbed a bottle that was still intact.

Nix stood and threw the bottle across the bar, right at Yang. He watched as it sailed over her and took aim. When the time was right, he fired, the bottle exploding over her. The liquid quickly fried the electronics on her cuffs, which she then broke. Yang flipped over the bar and moved to Nix.

"Thanks for the shower." She said jokingly over the crack of gunfire. Nix shot off a few more rounds before sitting back down. "Don't mention it." The gunfire suddenly stopped as the gang ran out of ammo. Nix and Yang looked at each other.

"You ready for this? Yang asked, pounding her gauntlets together. Nix swapped out his guns for his shield. "Lets do it."

The two lept over the bar with a battle cry and charged the remaining gang members. The thugs drew their melee weapons and charged in as well, looking to kill. Nix slammed the nearest thug with his shield, knocking him to the ground. He swung high at the next one, the side of the shield catching the man in the helmet. Nix kicked him in the chest and followed up with another shield bash, and the man flew back. Yang was also in the middle of her fight, her fist plowing into a thugs stomach dropping him to his knees. Nix saw his chance and ran up to the downed opponent, replacing his shield with a baseball bat.

"Heads up!" He cried. The man looked up just as Nix swung the bat with all his might, the weapon shattering upon impact with the thugs face plate shattering as well. He crashed to the floor limp as Nix stood over him. The boy had little time to savor the victory before he was struck from behind, a wooden chair smashing into him. He caught himself on a table and quickly grabbed a bottle by its neck. He swung it as he turned, the bottle catching the thug from earlier right in the face. It broke on his helmet, but staggered him long enough for Nix to grab him around the waist. He lifted and brought the man down hard on the table behind him, breaking it in half in the process. "Three down, three to go."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yang blocked the incoming knife swing on her gauntlet, the blade scraping against the metal as it followed through. She dropped low and swept the thugs leg out from under him, sending him to the floor. She followed him down with a power slam, her fist smashing into his gut with enough force to crack the wooden floor under him. She looked up just in time to dodge a swipe from Sly, the electric baton whizzing past her face in a blur of blue light. She made a quick jab at his face, but he slipped under it and countered with a blow to her knee. Her leg exploded with pain as the baton sent bursts of electricity through her. Yang gritt her teeth and landed a right hook in his ribs, feeling a crack as she dug deep. Sly gasped and staggered a few paces, and the remaining henchman stepped in to protect his leader. She swung at him, determined to blast though him to get to get to Sly, but he blocked the attack. He kicked at her bad leg and she lost her balance, leaving her open. The henchman quickly grabbed the knife of his comrade and went in for the kill but Nix intercepted and tackled him to the floor. Yang used her chance to charge Sly and rocked him square in the jaw, his head snapping back. The gang leader staggered back again, but wouldn't go down. His jab was surprisingly fast, catching the girl on the nose. She blocked a few more attacks and countered with a hard left to his already injured ribs. Sly cried out in pain, stunned. Yang rained blows on him, her fists and kicks pummeling into the man with incredible force.

Sly roared in anger and swung wide, the punch catching Yang in her blind spot. The force was unexpected and paused her attack, the girl dazed. She heard Nix cry out and his shield came flying across the room, slamming into Sly like a brick. Yang swung a right hook with all her strength, putting her full weight into it. It crashed into his jaw with a loud crunch and blood flew from his mouth. He swayed, barely able to stay on his feet, and Nix ran in for the finishing blow. The boy charged across the room at full speed and jumped at the man, kicking out with both feet. The kick landed in the center of Sly's chest and sent him flying through the front window into the dark street, the man not getting up.

Nix stood with a groan and rotated his shoulder, a large bruise forming from where the chair had hit him. Yang wiped a little blood from a cut on her lip and surveyed the room. The floor was littered with broken furniture and bits of glass, all the gang members either dead or unconscious. Nix looked over at her, his face starting to relax.

"Quite a date, huh?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

The two left the bar before the authoritys arrived, finding Leo unconscious in his office but unhurt. Yang had assured Nix that Leo had enough cash to repair the damages, courtesy of Sly's now broke gang. The two sped back to Beacon and parked the bike in the usual spot. It was a little after midnight now, the stars shining brightly in the clear night sky. The two sat on the rim of the courtyard fountain and finally broke out into relived laughter.

"Some night." Nix said with a smile. It hurt to laugh, but he didn't care. He was just happy to still be functioning.

Yang chuckled. "Yeah, some night." He looked at her in admiration. The moonlight made her hair shine, her lilac eyes shimmering bright. She looked beautiful even after a fight, not to mention during one. The longer he looked, the more he fell for her. She was amazing.

She looked at him in curiosity. "What?"

Nix leaned in and gave her a small kiss on the cheek, Yang's eyes shooting wide. He pulled back quickly, looking as shocked as she did. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that," His cheeks turned bright red, stumbling over his words as he apologized. "I- I don't know what came over me, s-sorry.. forgiv-"

He was cut off as Yang grabbed him by the collar and kissed him on the lips. Her lips were tender but firm, pressed onto his with slight force. She held it for a few seconds before pulling away slowly with a small smile. Nix's face was bright red, still in shock from the kiss. "He's cute when he blushes." Yang looked deep into his eyes, a slight breeze blowing softly through her hair.

"If you're gona kiss me," she said in a whisper, "don't hold back."

RWBY: Grimm Walkerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें