Chapter Two Han Solo

Začít od začátku

    C-3P0 backed away cautiously. Luke gave a small smile. "How is she?"

    "How should I know? I haven't been in there with her!"

    "Calm down, Han."

    Han set his jaw. "Fine. I'm fine. I can calm down."

    "Is this about being a father again? We've both told you, you'll be great. Or since you prefer the word right now, you'll be fine."

    Han gritted his teeth and said nothing. Then suddenly, a nurse rushed from the hallway into the room. "Mr. Solo!"

    Han jumped and turned to her. "Yes? Is it over? Is she okay?"

    The nurse smiled at him. "Mrs. Solo is fine, Mr. Solo. She had a boy. Both mother and son are doing wonderfully."

    "A boy?"

    The nurse nodded.

    Han silently processed her words, a smile forming at his lips. Though he was still afraid, for a moment the fear was thrown out the window and all he felt was pure joy. He turned to Luke, and threw his arms around him. Luke laughed into his shoulder.

    "Oh! Oh! Congratulations, Master Solo!" cried C-3P0.

    Han released Luke, who grinned at him as he turned back to the nurse. "When can we see her?"

    Leia was positively glowing when Han entered the room. Her eyes lit up when she saw her husband. "Han!"

    Han rushed to her side and took both of her hands in his. "You did it."

    "We did it," Leia corrected him. "I'm pretty sure you stressed enough for both of us."

    Han rolled his eyes. "Yeah, well..."

    "And before you say it again, you'll be an excellent father. I know you're worried, but think about it, Han, you were a Rebellion general! What a fantastic influence on a child!"

    Han smiled at her; all fears forgotten for now. Without thinking he leaned forward, closer to her. "Think he'll grow up to be a scoundrel like me?"

    Leia smiled. "I don't know. I might prefer if he grows up to be a nice man."

    He winked at her. "I'm nice."

    "You have your moments," she grinned.

    Then he leaned forward and gave her a kiss, excitement welling up within.

    "Mr. and Mrs. Solo?"

    Han pulled away to look up at the nurse, who looked a little awkward when she realized she had interrupted. "Yes?"

    "Um...I'm sorry to interrupt, but..." She sounded flustered. "Um...well..." She's hurriedly approached them, and Leia's face lit up when she saw a baby cradled in the nurse's arms. "Here he is."

    The nurse gently handed the boy to Leia. The child looked up at his mother. He was a beautiful baby, with tufts of baby fuzz and dark eyes that took in all around him. He looked like Leia's son, but still Han could see a bit of himself in his features. Leia looked up at Han and beamed. "Do you want to hold him?"

    Han felt a bit of fear come over him again, but he ignored it and nodded. Leia gently handed the baby to Han, and he cradled his son in his arms for the first time. The boy gazed up into his father's eyes curiously. Han felt a peace come over him, and he gently kissed the baby's brow. Then he handed him back to his mother, who kissed his forehead.