Chapter 48

heys people! chapter 48 already? maybe i should end it soon... okay so.. here.. enjoy!

****************************

Jessa's POV

            I ran away from Rayne as fast as my feet would carry me. What was wrong with me? Why am I responding to him in this way? Not even a whole day since Max practically broke my heart and I'm giving it to someone else. I know what my problem is. I fall in love too easy. Not! That I'm saying I love Rayne or anything. I'm probably just attracted to him or something. Yeah, that's it. I ran in on Patch and Nikole making out. "Dammit!" I said, making them jump apart. "Nikole I have to speak to you." Nikole looked flustered, but followed me out of the room. 

             "How do you know if someone's your mate?" She looked at me, startled. "Um," she said. "You get little sparks when you touch. They quiet down once you.. ehem.. 'do it'." I gave her a glare. "What if you get practically electrified?" I asked. Her eyes widened. "Oh, my God," she said. "Do you know what this means?" She took my shoulders and shook me. "Wha-a-at?" I asked, not getting my words out because of her shaking. "You and whoever 'he' is are a rare kind of mate," she said. "Patch and I are just mates. But you and 'him' are mates and soul mates. If the two are combined, you won't be able to keep your hands off him." I gulped.

        "How do you know?" I asked. She smiled big. "I know becasue Daddy told me about it. He told me to watch out for it," she said. I started shaking. "B-but-" I started, but Nikole interrupted me. "Who is he?" she asked. I gulped again. "Uum," I said. "Jessa?" I turned around. It was Rayne. "Oh, hi, Ray," I said. "I was just going to ask her." Nikole looked at me with a knowing smile. "Um, Nicky, do you want to play hide-and-seek?" I asked. She nodded. "Patch!" she shouted. He came out of her room without a shirt on. "Yeah, sweetie?" he asked huskily. Nikole was staring at his chest and didn't seem to be able to stop. "Nick!" I shouted in her face. 

    She didn't snap out of it. She floated over to Patch and he took her back into her room. I was hurt. Even though I was never really Max's mate, it still hurt that he couldn't do that to me. I looked away with a huff. I hadn't even noticed Rayne was still there until he touched my shoulder. He shocked me and I ducked away from his hand. I looked into his eyes and he looked hurt. "Rayne-" I started, but he cut me off. "So are we going to play, or not?" he asked.

    I sighed. "No, I'm afraid not," I said. I looked over his shoulder to the foyer. What I saw was not a pretty sight. Max and Barbie. Holding hands. How could he move on like that so quick? Wait.. what if he was cheating on me? I clenched my fists as I watched them. He was cheating on me, I'm sure of it. That son of a bitch! "Max!" I screeched. Rayne winced and Max turned around, surprised. Barbie smirked. I stalked over to them.

    "Were you cheating on me?" I ground out. Max looked at me with guilt clouding his eyes. "Jessa-" he started, but Barbie cut him off. "Oh, yeah, he was," she said. "When he wasn't with.. you.. he was with me. We always had hot-n-heavy sex. Max told me about how much of a baby you were and how you wouldn't give him what he wanted. Maxie here told me all about how inexperienced you were, and how I was his drug. He always got his fix."

    By the time she was done ranting, I was shaking with rage. I glanced at Max and he wasn't denying anything. I bitch slapped Barbie and she slammed into the wall. "You- fucking- bastard!" I screamed, giving Max a punch every for every word. "I'll-fuck-ing-kill-you!" I slammed my fist into his face and he flew across the room. "You were cheating on me?" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "I loved you! I thought you loved me, too!" Max flinced as I came up to him. I kicked him in the ribs and I swear I heard some crack. "You better fucking stay out of my way, you mother fucking man-whore!"

     He flinched and I was flipped around. It was Barbie. I laughed sarcastically, shaking my head. "You really don't learn, do you?" I raged. Her cheek was purpling and I laughed again. She tried to punch me in the eye and I dodged, cicking at her stomach. She groaned and gell on the floor. I picked her up by the hair and sneered in her face. "You better stay the hell away from me before you get killed," I snarled. I was ripped backwards and pushed into someone's chest. Once I realized I was getting shocks, I collapsed into his arms and sobbed.

    He rubbed my back. "It's okay," he said reassuringly. "It's okay, Jessa. My love." I sobbed harder into his chest. "I loved him," I wailed. "I really did!" Rayne held me closer and cupped the back of my head. "It's okay, Jessa," he murmered into my ear. "You're going to be fine." I sobbed, pressing my nose into his chest. "It was all a lie," I said. I picked my head up and looked at Rayne. "It was all a lie," I repeated. "All a lie." I started to move away from him to go whale on them some more, but Rayne tightened his hold on me. "Jessa," he murmered. "Stay here. I like this." I stiffened at his words, but stayed there. 

     After a few minutes, Rayne stepped back and placed a light kiss to the hollow of my temple. I looked up at him with a slow smile, and that's when I realized just what everyone else was doing. "The rogues!" Alec shouted. "They're here!" Rayne looked at me worriedly. "Jessa, find Nikole and hide with her. Don't come out until I find you, you got it?" he said. I nodded. "Nicky!" I shouted. "Nick! Where are you?"

      Nikole's head appeared through a doorway and I ran to her. I grabbed her hand. "C'mon!' I said. "We have to hide!" She tugged me into the room. "I know a great place to hide," she said. "No one knows about it besides me." I nodded. She pulled me to the closet. She moved her coats out of the way and felt on the wall. There was nothing there, I had no idea why she was doing that. Then she opened the wall. Huh? She told me to go in first, so I did and she locked it up behind her. "Nick," I said. "I can't see." She moved in front of me. I couldn't say I wasn't terrified.

    I grabbed on Nikole's arm and dug my nails in. "Jeez, is someone scared?" she said sarcastically. "Turn the freaking light on!" I hissed. "No," she whispered. "They could find us. Now, c'mon." She led me up three flights of stairs and throught a few rooms before she finally stopped. She flicked on a little lamp and we both sat near it, staring at each other, being completely silent.

***************

I thought I would be nice and give you two taday becasue the other one was so small. so what do you think? heh i think its funny heh. okay comment and vote or whatever. nikole's on the side. im starving.

xxSavannah