Chapter 18

im baaaackkk!! hehe hi. well the beach was fun and all but i got burnt! ok so thanks for waiting and i hope you like it :) enjoy!

*****************************

        I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. I had no idea if she would be mad or what. She ripped the door open and immediately grabbed me, pulling me into a hug. "Oh, sweetie. I thought you left forever. I was so worried," she said. I smiled, a sad smile. "I thought you would hate me for running," I whispered. She shook her head voilently, still hugging me. "No, sweetie, no. I love you and I always will. Your father left you to me until you wanted to leave for good," she said with a tear in her eye.

          "Oh, Aunt Vivian," I sighed. "I would have come back. Don't ever think for a moment I wouldn't've. She sniffed and I kissed her cheek. "Viv. I love you," I reassured her. She smiled. "I'm sorry I told you Devon was dead like that. I'm really sorry," she said sadly. I squeezed her hand and said, "I'm okay now. I've got the injuries to prove it," I said, wincing at my ankle. 

           She laughed. "You hungry?" she asked. I nodded. "I didn't have dinner yet," I said. "Oh," she said with a hint of amusement in her voice. "Where have you been for the past three days?" I chuckled. "At Zoey's house," I said. She snickered. "Thought so," she said, walking into the kitchen. "What do you want?" she asked. I said, "No idea." I heard her laugh as I walked upstairs to my room.

******************

           After a dinner of chicken fingers and smiley fries (LOVE those), I waned to sleep. I hugged Aunt Vivian for a long while and finally said, "Night. Love you." She kissed the crown of my head and said, "Love you, too sweetie pie. Now get some sleep. You look like death!" I laughed and squinted my eyes. She smacked my butt and said, "Get to it!" I ran upstairs, still hearing her laughter.

*****************

         I got up in the middle of the night. I heard a long howl, one of agony. It sounded like my wolf, even though I never heard him howl. I knew it was him, so I bolted down the steps and out the door, running to the woods. Aunt Vivian wouldn't notice; she's asleep. Besides, I was sure the howl was for me.

           I spotted him, but he had already known where I was. He always knows where I am. I ran to him. He looked sad. "What is is?" I asked him, squeezing his big middle. He was looking pointedly at my house, urging me to look there. I took my hands away and straightened. I didn't see anything. Nothing was there. I looked back at my wolf, only he wasn't there anymore. It was Max.

          I stood there, stunned. I looked over his shoulder for my wolf, but he was nowhere in sight. I looked back at Max. He was naked. I gasped, not looking 'down there'. I looked into his green eyes. Questioning. That's what my eyes looked like. Questioning. Before I could say anything, though, he had my waist in a grip so tight, but it didn't hurt a bit. I was aware I was only in sleep shorts and a tank top, but all he was looking at was my face. 

         I was about to ask him what he was doing here when he silenced me. He gripped my hair until it almost hurt, but it didn't. "M-" I tried, but he wouldn't let me speak. He kissed me, hard. He pulled me up until my feet weren't touching the ground, but I felt completely safe. I put my hands on his shoulders, squeezing lightly. I still wasn't comfortable with kissing, but he was leading me, so I had some idea what to do.

        He put his hand up my shirt a little, brushing my skin gently. I shivered. He smiled. He was licking my lip; I didn't have an idea as to why, but it felt nice. He suddenly bit my bottom lip a little, not to make it hurt, but I gasped. He slipped his tongue in my mouth and it wasn't comfortable at all. I felt self-concious. As I had these doubting thoughts in my mind, Max was licking every inch of my mouth. I didn't know what to do; he wasn't leting me go. He had a death grip on me.