Chapter 21

hello people!! okay... well i gave you two chapters yesterday! yes yes i know im awesome and your welcome. this chapter goes out to Abbylol! thanks so much for fanning me! okay... here it is... enjoy!

**************

       I woke up with a smile on my face. What the heck? Since when do I get up at six? I yawned and rubbed my eyes. Just then I realized there was a note on my dresser. Huh? I picked it up, darting my eyes from side to side to see if there was someone there. It didn't look like it so I opened the note. It said: 

Jessie,

                         I'm sorry I had to leave before you woke up. I know that was rude, considering we just fell asleep together. I can't tell you how sweet you look when you sleep. You look like a princess waiting for her prince. I can be your prince, if you want. I put your dad's clothes back in the drawer. They were just slightly damp. I'm also sorry for the scare I gave you last night. You looked pretty terrified! I can't explain why we have to sleep together. I know you couldn't sleep either. I'm sorry for that, too. Okay, Jessie. I'll let you go get ready for school.

Love,

Max

        Slowly, it dawned on me what happened last night. I shivered. I felt cold now. I jumped in the shower to get rid of this cold, but it just wasn't going away. That jerk must have something to do with this. I got out shivering and put my clothes on as best as I could. My hands were shaking really badly, and I doubt I could drive to school like this. I fell down the steps, my teeth chattering, and said to Danny, "C-c-c-can y-you t-t-take-m-m-me t-to s-school t-t-t-today?" He immediately stopped watching Tv and said, "Are you alright?"

      I nodded, but it didn't help that I was shaking and freezing to the touch. "I h-have a-an i-idea w-why I-I'm l-like th-this," I explained. "J-just g-get m-me t-to s-school." He nodded, looking at me worriedly. "Are you sure?" he asked, giving me a hug. I nodded. "God, Jes! You're freezing!" he said. I didn't do anything, just grabbed my backpack and went by the door. Daniel grabbed his keys and led me to the car, trying to rub some warmth into me.

********************

     It only got worse on the way to school. Daniel told me to call the house if I needed anything. He gave me a worried look before driving off. "Jessa!" It was Zoey and Clarisse. They gave me a strange look. "Are you okay?" Clarisse asked. I ignored their question. "W-where's M-Max?" I asked. Zoey poined behind her where Max was talking and laughing with Dylan and James. I walked over there and tapped his shoulder.

     It looked like he was going to kill whoever touched him, but his eyes softened when he saw me. "jessie? What's that matter with you?" he asked, concerned. I shrugged. "I t-thought y-you c-c-could h-help," I said. James and Dylan were giving me strange looks. I tried to smile at them, but I bet I just grimaced. I rubbed my arms while Max looked thoughtful. "Well, it's worth a try... nothing to lose..." he said, leaning towards me.

      He looked at my face, then his eyes flicked to my neck. He put his hands on my shoulders and ducked his head to my neck. "Let's hope this works," he mumbled. He kissed my neck where he bit it, and instantly the cold was gone. I sighed really loud and closed my eyes. He licked me and I felt hot. A comfortable hot. "Ahhh," I said, not caring if anyone heard. He put his forehead on mine and asked, "Better?" I nodded, not really thinking about anything besides kissing him.

      Then I heard laughter. I opened my eyes slowly and glared at Dylan and James. They were on the floor with tears coming out of their eyes, laughing so hard. "Oh, my God," Dylan gasped. "I think I just pissed my pants." James stopped laughing for a second. Then he looked back at us, threw his head back and screamed with laughter. Max turned around and kicked Dylan. "Ow!" he said. "Where the hell did you learn to kick like that?"