Chapter 35

Hey hey hey! its me again. im so happy the story is finally kicking into the goodness. i hadn't originally planned it this way, but thats how its gonna be now. well dont want to keep you waiting anymore... enjoy!

**************

       I woke up to a warm feeling in my hand. I opened my eyes slowly. They felt like they were glued together. I looked around me. I was in Nikole's room with Max by my side. He was looking out the window by the bed, holding my hand. I picked my other hand up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Max's attention snapped back to me and he sighed.

      "Max?" I asked groggily. "Jessa," he breathed. "Jessa, I'm so glad you're alright." I laughed shakily, but coughed in the end. "Well, I may not be as strong as you werewolves, but I'm strong in my own ways," I said, my voice coming out raspy. He moved to get me a drink of water and I smiled in thanks. I gulped it down, relishing the way it slid down my dry throat.

        "Jessa," Max said again. I looked at him and handed him the glass. "Yes?" I said. He looked at me for a second, then crushed me to him. "Jessie," he whispered. "I was so worried. I should've been there for you." He crushed me even harder and I winced. He pulled back and said, "What hurts?" I blushed, embarrassed. "Well..." I said, not really wanting to tell him.

    "Jessie, you can tell me," he said. "Here," I said, putting my hands on my chest. I looked away, not wanting to see his face. "He dig his nails in me, and... it hurts... still." I stared at Nikole's closet. Max took my chin gently. "Jessie, it's okay. I won't make you uncomfortable. I won't rush you," he said softly. "You are so beautiful." His green eyes with little brown flecks stared into mine and I found myself saying, "I love your eyes."

   He laughed gently and said, "What's so great about them?" I smiled and said, "Maxie, your eyes being green is just amazing. But to have these little brown flecks in them, just makes them even better. They sparkle when you talk about something happy, or when you look at me. I love them. I just do," I said. He smiled, a huge grin. "Really," he said. "Well, you're one to talk. Just look at your eyes."

    I must've looked shocked becasue he smiled softly and said, "Don't be surprised, love. Your eyes are so much better then mine. They're green, like mine, only brighter. They have a blue ring around the pupils. The blue mixes with the green a little like a starburst. I just love looking at them. The green gets brighter if you're happy, but the blue gets more prominent if you're sad or worried." I smiled.

    "See," he said softly. "The green is blinding right now." As I stared into his eyes, he moved his hand to my cheek, in a loving caress. "Jessie, I love you," he said sincerely. I smiled a little and said, "I love you, too, Maxie." He smiled, trapping my face with his hands. "I will never get tired of hearing you say that," he said. I smiled cheekily. 

    The door burst open and Nikole walked in. "Oh, hey, Max," she siad. "Hey, Jessa. You're up!" She came over to me and hugged me lightly. "The doctor said you shouldn't wear a bra today or tomorrow," she said. I blushed. "Okay," I said quietly. She laughed. "Hey, no need to be emabrrassed. It's not your fault about what happened," she said.

    I smiled a little. "I know, but I still feel stupid for following him. I feel as if it's my fault," I said, ashamed. "Hey, now!" Nikole said. "What he did to you was in no way you're fault. You were just being polite." I looked away, slumping back in her bed. I groaned and said, "I know, but I just feel if I hadn't gone and got a drink, he wouldn't have done that." Max brushed the hair out of my face and said, "I shouldn't have left you alone."

   I looked up at him. "No, Max, it's not your fault," I said. He looked at me with sad eyes. My stomach grumbled and I blushed. "I guess I'm hungry," I said. Max smiled and asked, "Do you need help getting up?" I shook my head. I sat up in the bed, stretching out my tight muscles. I swumg my feet on the floor and stood up shakily. I almost fell, slipping a little, but I caught myself. I looked up to see Max and Nikole looking at me in amusement.

   I half-smiled and Max slipped his arm around my waist. Half for support, half because he just wanted to. I smiled up at him and he kissed me lightly. "Hey!" Nikole said from behind us. "People who don't have a mate yet are in the room!" I laughed and Max led me out of the room. I saw Alec first. He was sitting in the meeting room, discussing something. I waved to him and he smiled, waving back.

    Everyone turned to stare at me. I suddenlt felt self-concious. "Um, hi," I said. Murmered hello's went around the room and Max led me to the kitchen. "Max, when you feed the girl, come in here with her and sit down," Alec said. "Alright," Max said. He brought me to the kitchen. There was a cook there and he asked, "What would you like?" I scratched my head. "I would like... a hamburger, some pizza, three donuts, two mini cakes, a sticky bun, strawberries, and some fries," I said. Max's eyes bulged. "All that?" he asked. I nodded, laughing a little. "Duh," I said. "I'm starving."

    "Well, you were out for two days..." he said, looking up at the ceiling. "Two days?" I asked. He nodded. "You were drugged," he explained. I nodded. "Okay," I said. "But . . . I don't really want to talk about it right now." He nodded in understanding. "Here you go, hun," the cook said. I smiled and said, "Thanks!" He handed me the burger, pizza, and fries, while Max got the rest. "C'mon," he said. "We have to get back to the meeting."

    I trudged into the meeting room, feeling very unimportant. I set my food down at an empty seat, while Max sat in his seat. Nikole sat next to Alec. I started to wolf down my food and everyone was staring at me. With my mouth full, I asked, "What?" Some smirked, some laughed, and some shook their heads disapprovingly. I shrugged and went back to eating. 

    After I was done with my burger, pizza, and fries, I ate my donuts. I smiled when I got to my cakes. I picked one up, examined it, and bit into it. A couple people were looking at me strangely. I smiled at them. They seemed taken aback by my strangeness, but accepted it otherwise. They smiled back. "So, Jessa," Alec said. "How are you feeling?" 

   I smiled at him. He smiled back. "Full, now," I said. A few people laughed. "Otherwise, some places hurt. Places I'd better not mention, but that's about it. I'm fine, really," I said. Alec smiled and said, "Well, that's good. We just decided on what we are really going to do with Cory." Nikole looked shocked. "But, daddy!" she said. "You said.." "I know what I said," he said. "But I think that was rash, so I wanted to discuss it with everyone."

    "Oh," I said quietly. He smiled gently at me. "We're going to banish him from our pack. If he's seen anywhere near you, or anyone in this pack, he will be killed immediately," he said. I smiled a little at that. Alec stared at me. "I hope you're okay," he said sincerely. I smiled up at him. "Oh, I am," I said. "but I just don't understand why you would do this for me. I mean, last time I checked, I wasn't that important." He looked at Max. "Max is my right hand man. He's very improtant to our pack. He earned that position when he saved a younger wolf from being killed. Just jumped in there and saved her, earning a few scratches himself," he said. "I thought Max would tell you."

   I shook my head. "no," I said slowly. Max looked at me frantically. "I was going to tell you later, I swear!" he said. I laughed. "Max, I'm not mad," I said. He looked relieved. "Okay, meeting adjourned!" Alec announced. I smiled hopping up from my seat. I grabbed my plates and walked to the kitchen, handing them back to the cook to wash. "Sorry for not doing it myself," I said apologetically. He smiled. "No problem, hunm: he said.

   I walked out to find Max looking around. "Max?" I asked. "What are you looking for?" His eyes snapped to me. "There you are!" he said. "Here I am!" I said, confused. "I didn't know where you went," he said. "Oh," I said. He smiled, taking my hand in his. "I think you should take a shower," he said. I nodded. "Yeah, I feel gross," I said. He led me back to Nikole's room. She was sitting in her bed, toying with her iPod.

   She was listening to music, so she didn't notice us. Max grabbed me a towel from a closet in the hall and said, "I'll wait for you in Alec's office. I need to talk to him about something." I nodded. I walked in Nikole's bathroom, turning on the shower.

************

I was going to write more, but I decided to stop there. SORRY i didn't upload yesterday. When I tried writing, it just vored me for some odd reason. But you get an upload at eight today, not eleven! Lucky you! okay, I'm hungry, so bye!

xxSavannah