My eyes became wide again. "A few weeks ago?! How long have I been out?!" I asked him my voice full of concern. Rick was now ringing his hands together. "A week, maybe two. We can't exactly keep track of the days anymore," he said letting out a dry chuckle.

I slowly sat up being more careful this time. "How did I get back here?" I asked him. Rick chuckled again. "Merle, can you believe it? Of all people, we heard him screaming and looked outside to see him walking out of the woods with you passed out in his arms."

It wasn't really that hard to believe. Merle said I was Dixon after all and I knew he would do anything to protect what was his. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair groaning because I accidently touched my stitches that were on my hairline. I let my hand flop in my lap.

"So, he's been the one taking care of me?" I asked. Rick barely nodded. "He was a vet," he said. I cocked one of my eyebrows at him. "A vet? Like someone who works on animals?" I asked him. Rick barely nodded and I chuckled again. "Unfucking believable."

"Hey now, if not for Hershel who would've known what would've happened to you," I sighed and nodded. "Where are they?" I asked him. He looked confused. "Merle and Daryl," I said. Rick ran his hand through his hair again. "Merle is around and Daryl is hunting."

I felt my eyebrows furrow together. "How is he?" I asked. Knowing Daryl he was probably beating himself up right now because of what happened to me. Rick shrugged. "He's being...Daryl. He's biting everyone's heads off again which isn't really new I guess," he said.

I sighed and leaned against the headboard. "Can you find Merle and tell him I want to see him?" I asked Rick. He nodded before standing up and heading towards the door. "Hey Emery," I looked up to see Rick standing in the doorway. "I am glad that you're okay."

I gave him a slight nod before he shut the door. I sat in silence for a few minutes before I heard a small knock on the door and then Merle's head popped in. "Oh ho, Girlie aren't you a sight for sore eyes," he said. I glared playfully at him. "Thanks, I think."

Merle slowly made his way over and leaned against the wall beside my bed. "I just..uh. I just wanted to say thank you for what you did. I probably wouldn't be alive right now if it wasn't for you," I said. I watched as Merle's face contorted slightly.

"Nobody ain't ever thanked ole Merle before," he said quietly. I had never heard him be so quiet before. "I guess there's a first time for everything," I said. Merle cracked that typical Dixon smirk at me. "He's beating himself up, Girlie," he whispered.

I looked up at him to see him staring directly back at me. "Why don't you send him in?" I asked him. Merle gave me a slight nod before heading towards the door. Merle turned back around and looked at me. I cocked an eyebrow at him and he smirked and shook his head before shutting the door.

~~

Daryl never came up that night, or the night after that, or the night after that. In fact he didn't come up the whole week. I had been out for almost two weeks and then this Hershel character had put me on for another week to two weeks. I was going stir crazy.

I had heard Daryl screaming multiple times at other people for God only knows what. From what I could hear he seemed on edge lately. I knew he was still hurting about what had happened to me, but he couldn't blame himself. It wasn't his fault at all.

I was reading a book that the young girl Beth had brought me. She was usually the one that had brought me my meals and medicines that I was supposed to have. Sophia was lying beside me curled up into my side and I was reading the book out loud to her.

I had missed this little girl dearly and I knew that she had missed me too. She barely brought up Daryl but she had taken this strange liking to Merle. I wasn't really sure how he was responding to that, but I found it pretty hilarious. Merle was more intimidating than Daryl.

Suddenly the door open, I was expecting Beth with some sort of food or medicine so I continued reading. When I looked down at Sophia I noticed she wasn't paying attention anymore but she was looking at the door. I followed her gaze and my eyes instantly were met by those Georgia blues.

I slowly closed the book and bit my lip. Merle walked up behind Daryl and pushed him out of the way slightly. "Come on, Phia. Let's let the two lovers be," he said. Sophia quickly jumped off the bed and ran over to Merle. I watched as she grabbed his hand and it didn't bother him at all.

I felt a smile across my face. It slowly faded when I looked back up at Daryl standing awkwardly in the doorway. His crossbow was resting in his hands and he was trying to avoid my gaze. Finally he looked at me with a slight sadness in his eyes.

"You can come in, ya know," I whispered. Daryl took slow steps into the room before shutting the door behind him. He leaned against the door. For some reason he didn't seem like he wanted to come near me. He almost seemed afraid of me or maybe he was afraid of what he would do.

"Hi," he whispered weakly. I chuckled lightly. "Hi," I said in return. I watched as he looked me over. I could tell he was eyeing the bruises and the stitches on my face and arms. My legs were hidden by the blanket that was lying on the bed. I sighed.

"I'm okay," I said. I watched as his face hardened. "No you're not," he growled. I sighed and crossed my arms. "Come sit," I said. Daryl slowly walked over to me and eased his way onto the bed by my waist. I knew he wasn't going to get any closer than that.

"Can you hand me that?" I asked him pointing at the stethoscope that Hershel had left on the nightstand beside. Daryl leaned over slowly and grabbed the stethoscope. He looked at in confused before handing it to me. I smirked a little and motioned for him to come closer.

I put the ear pieces in his ears. "What are you do-," I interrupted him. "Shh, listen," I whisper while placing the chest piece over my heart. I watched as Daryl's face changed. He went from angry to...well I don't even know what kind of emotion he was expressing at this point.

His eyes were soft as they looked into mine. "You see all of this," I gestured to my face, "the stuff on the outside, it will all go away. But I'm still the same person on the inside. My heart's still beating," I whispered. I went to move the piece away but Daryl's hand came up to cover mine, like he wanted it to stay there for just a little bit longer.

He finally sighed and pulled the pieces out of his ears. He sat the stethoscope back on the nightstand. He looked down at me before lowering himself and placing his ear against my chest. I sighed and brought my hands up to run through his hair lightly.

Daryl wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into him. It hurt my ribs but I didn't complain to him. I had missed him. I know we had been back together for a few weeks but we were apart for a month before that. I had missed his touch and his taste.

I had missed the way he looked at me with soft eyes but they instantly turned hard when he looked away and back at the group. I missed the way his hands gripped my waist but yet he was still gentle about it. I missed the way his blue eyes shined after he kissed me. But mostly I had missed him.

--

So Daryl finally came around! Do you still think he's going to beat himself up about it or do you think he's going to let it go and him and Emery will be happy again?

Don't forget to follow my fan twitter! Chupacabra_94

Don't forget to comment Girls names and twins names (boy and girl) below to be entered into the contest!!

Comment, vote, fan, follow, add to reading list, and spread the word!! Reedus kisses for everyone!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx