Chapter 54

I just wanted to say thank you to all my Nords for all the love and support!! I love how all of you are protective over me and my work and I will be forever grateful for it!!

Follow my fan twitter if you haven't already!! Chupacabra_94

Make sure to check out the summary of my weekend with some of The Walking Dead cast members that I posted!!! I answered everyone's questions that asked one!!!

If you haven't already go read 'My Damaged Savior' pre apocalyptic Daryl Dixon story!!

So GUYS!!! I just got the most exciting news ever!!!!!!!! I get to meet Steven Yeun (Glenn) Emily Kinney (Beth) Chad L Coleman (Tyreese) and I get to see Sean Clark again in September!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH IM SO EXCITED THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!! I get a new camera, I'm going to the beach, and I'm going to see more walking dead people and SEAN!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO IM SO PUMPED!!!!

Over 64,000 reads, over 1,900 votes and over 800 comments!!! Thank you so much! You guys are amazing!!!

Here's the next chapter Nords!!

--

My leg was screaming for me to get off of it, but I knew if we stopped we were walker chow. We had run all night and the sun was high up now. It was either late morning or midafternoon. My chest was on fire and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I wasn't going to make it.

"Da- Daryl," I breathed trying to keep up with him. I finally stopped and slumped against a tree not carrying. Daryl instantly stopped and came towards me. On top of stabbing myself my other injuries from being held hostage hadn't fully healed yet.

"Emery," he said reaching out to me. I slumped down the tree until I felt my butt hit the ground. Daryl crouched down in front of me. He uncapped the canteen from his side and went to dump some on my head. I placed my hand over his so I could stop him.

"Don't waste it," I whispered while closing my eyes. I felt Daryl's hand caress my cheek. I opened my eyes and I was met by his blue ones. "Look, I love you, but you have to keep going," Daryl said before kissing me hard on the lips. I felt my head spin slightly.

He pulled back and gave me a pointed look. "Okay," I said. Daryl nodded slightly and helped me up. I wrapped my arm around his shoulders and his went around my waist as we continued to walk through the dense forest. It was starting to get hot again.

"Do you smell that?" I asked Daryl. He looked at me like I was crazy before his eyes became wide. We whipped around as fast as we possibly could to see five walkers headed our way. "Fuck," I muttered as Daryl let go to swing his crossbow after his shoulder.

I quickly did the same and aimed at one of the walkers and took it down with ease. Daryl followed suit. I quickly loaded my crossbow again despite the protest of my stitched arm and took another down. There were only two left. Daryl took out his knife and threw it hitting one between the eyes.

He grabbed mine and went after the walker. He quickly stabbed it. I watched as it fell and Daryl kicked its side. I cringed as I watched his boot stomped its head multiple times before it caved in and there was nothing left of it. He turned around to me and his breath was hard.

"Are you okay?" I asked. Daryl barely nodded before collecting our bolts. He handed mine back to me before we continued to walk. "We need to find food before one of us collapses," I said while limping beside Daryl no longer wanting his help.

Daryl was in hunter mode now looking for some sort of meat. Daryl let out a quiet whistle and pointed to his right. I trailed right behind him trying to spot what he was looking at. Daryl stopped and crouched. I followed his line of vision while crouching beside him.

I spotted the large rabbit and my mouth started salivating thinking about what a nice meal it would be. Daryl's crossbow released and I watched the rabbit fall. "Fuck yes," I whispered as Daryl went to grab it. He strapped the rabbit to his side and we continued to walk.

"It's getting darker," I said. Daryl grunted in response. I know I was stating this obvious but I was hoping that he got the hint that we needed to find a place to hunker down and sleep for the night. "How's your leg?" he finally asked. I shrugged.

"Hurts like a bitch," I mumbled while trying to get some of my weight off of it. "We'll stop soon," Daryl mumbled back. I barely nodded. "I think it will probably need stitches. I hope it doesn't though," Daryl nodded again. The bleeding had stopped slightly but I knew if we didn't do something soon I would probably pass out and never get back up.

The sun was setting what seemed faster than usual. It's funny it seemed like no animals chirped when it started getting dark now, not even the crickets. The lining of the trees broke and I felt my feet scuff......pavement? I looked down and sure enough we were on a road.

"Which way?" I asked seeing that it was clear both ways. There weren't any cars anywhere. Daryl took off towards the left heading north. I sighed and followed behind him slower because my leg was starting to go numb and it was getting tired. I needed to get off of it.

I caught up to Daryl and felt myself leaning towards him silently begging for help. His arm slipped around my waist. "I got ya, Em," he whispered. I sighed. "So tired," I whispered back. Daryl squeezed me a little "Hopefully we can find a car or something for the night."

I leaned against his shoulder and nodded. "Don't leave me yet, girl," Daryl said. I chuckled softly. "Gonna take a lot more than a stab wound to tear me from you," I mumbled. Daryl snorted slightly. "Good to know," he said. I sighed again and wrapped my arm around him.

"You think they're still alive?" I asked. Daryl looked over at me. "Which ones?" he asked. I shrugged a little. "All of them I guess. I mean the ones I didn't find dead," I said my voice trailed off slightly. Daryl squeezed me again and I looked over at him.

"Rick and his boy are alive. Morales and his wife are most likely with him. Chinaman is probably with the farmer and his daughters seeing as he was fucking one of them. They might be alive. Merle and Sophia I know they're alive. Merle ain't gonna let anything happen to her."

I nodded hearing the reassurance in his voice. I didn't doubt Merle, but I wanted to see them myself and know that they were safe. "You ain't got nothing to worry about," Daryl said. I nodded again. "Yeah, I heard you the first time," I teased while nudging him lightly.

It was now dark. The moon was lightly our way. Any normal night I would say that it was beautiful and peaceful. When a bunch of dead freaks were drooling to make you their next meal it wasn't beautiful and there wasn't anything peaceful about it.

"They're still alive," I said more out loud to myself. Truthfully I was trying to keep myself awake. I was tired. My leg was killing me. I felt physically drained and I felt like I could drop at any second and not care if I got eaten. Daryl tightened his grip on me as if reading me.

"Do you hear that?" I asked. I was making sure I wasn't going crazy from the blood loss. Daryl stopped and looked around. His eyes trained on something in the distance. "You do hear it ri-," "Shhh," Daryl interrupted me. I sighed but stayed silent.

Daryl quickly moved us over to the side of the road. He stood in front of me and readied his crossbow. "Daryl what is it?" I asked him trying to peek out from behind him. Daryl grunted. "It's a truck," my eyes widened. A car could be a good or bad sign in this case.

We saw the headlights from a distance. Daryl pulled me down and then crouched in front of me. I knew what he was doing. He was trying to make us invisible as best as possible. The truck was going pretty fast and I prayed that it would pass us. To both of our dismays the truck came to a screeching halt.

--

Thank you again for all the love and support!

Don't forget to follow my fan twitter! Chupacabra_94

Don't forget to check out my summary that I posted as a 'story' of my weekend with some of the cast!

Go read "My Damaged Savior" if you haven't already!!

So who do you think it is? Threat? Yes? No?

Comment, vote, fan, follow, add to reading list, spread the word!!! Reedus kisses! xxxxxxxxxxx