Chapter 47

Woooooo!!! Over 46,000 reads, over 1,400 votes and over 400 comments!!! Y'all are so awesome!! I have to work all this week so this may be the only update you guys get this week! So sorry but I need the money!!

If you haven't already go follow my fan twitter for you guys! Chupacabra_94!! I have 23 followers so far!! I follow everyone as long as you tell me who you are!! I'm enjoying talking to you guys again!! It's really been a blast!! Plus you should follow me because I post sneak peek of chapters on there ;)

I hope you guys love this chapter!

Reedus kisses for everyone!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--

They say that in a moment of panic, your mind leaves you. Something disappears completely. All that planning, function, and reason just floats away, leaving nothing but action and fear. Fear. That's the worst part, really. Fear is what causes you to make bad decisions.

Fear is what fucks up something beyond reason. So you learn to live without it. Fear becomes something that cannot be tolerated. Or at least, that's what Shane said. He talked about a switch, inside your brain, which you have to turn off in order to survive. You have to be ruthless and unmerciful.

In this world, a world where the living are few and the dead are rising, fear does naturally come into the equation. But you can only allow that to happen for a moment, a fleeting second, before you have to find that switch and shut it off.

Aim. Breathe. Shoot.

Bang.

~~

It had been four days since I had been captured by the cannibals. How did I know that? There was a little window in the corner of the room and I watched day in and day out the sun going up and down. Every day the beating and the raping seemed to get worse.

Now they had started taking turns and some of the guys even sat and watched while I was tortured. They were using me as their pet basically. They got everything they wanted out of me and there was nothing I could do about it, absolutely nothing.

Nobody had come down this morning and I was grateful. I didn't know how much more I could take. There was only one thought that had popped into my head. I was going to die. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I looked around frantically for the voice.

I recognized that voice. I blinked a couple times. I had been hit I don't know how many times over the head so God only knows what I'm seeing and hearing. But that voice didn't belong to one of the guys in the group. I blinked again looking around the room.

"Daryl," I breathed once I saw him sitting in the corner looking at me intently. I knew I was hallucinating. He wasn't here because if he was he would've already cut me loose and gotten me out of here. I scoffed a little and spit more blood to the side.

"Just hanging around," I retorted to the figure that wasn't even there. I blinked again trying to get rid of him but there he sat. He wasn't going anywhere anytime soon it seemed like. "So you're just gonna sit there and let them do that to you?" he growled.

I coughed before spitting out more blood again. "Can't really do anything, now can I?" I said while pulling on my bounds that were behind me. "Come on girl. I taught you how to fight," he said. I rolled my eyes. "You didn't teach me nothing. I just stood beside you and watched you fight."

Daryl let out that typical Daryl chuckle. "You need to fight back. Show them what a Dixon is all about," he said. I chuckled. "Dixon? I'm still a Dixon?" I asked having some kind of hope in my voice. I had officially gone crazy. I was hoping that none of the guys came downstairs.