Phantom of the Opera (Chris)

I kind of wish I had an outside view of this moment. This tall, imposing, dark beast and myself. Everything about us was a contradiction; his height was well over six foot compared to my four foot ten. He had straight black hair and mine was light brown with waves. Everything from the black drawn on eyebrows, pale skin, black lips, his skin was covered in colorful tattoos that typically color held joy; these were of coffins, bats, and an array of horrific images.Whereas I had no tattoos, only my ears pierced once, my skin was rosier in color, and my eyebrows were waxed but natural looking and makeup simple. He had three metal rings shoved through his bottom lip, gauges in his ears and black paint on his nails; overall he was very frightening. Past all the obvious distractions his hazel eyes are what drew me to a stop; the emotion and color that reflected within the depths. He watched me with an abated breath waiting for me to either run or react; I was sure of that.

I parted my lips and took a deep breath before closing them again with a frown, what do you say to a man like this, a creature that just confessed his love for you. A man you've never met before and yet he seems to know every detail about my life. I could see the courage he once had start to fade as his shoulder slumped a bit. I honestly felt horrible, but I was a workaholic, from the time I was in high school I focused on classes, a job, college, doing things I wanted to do to prepare for my future. I never stopped to think about friendships or love or matters of the heart. Here I was at 27 and still a virgin, never been kissed, and never been out on a date. But that was just me and I was happy with what and who I was up until this moment. I never took men confessing feelings or complimenting me, well. I just felt odd and like they were all lying just to get into my pants. But no this guy was different, I didn't have that feeling from him, sure he was creepy looking and frightfully tall, but I somehow felt safe.

I took a small step towards him; I saw his eyes light with fire as he watched my movements. A little twitch in his fingers told me that he was holding something back, was he an actor? Was this poor innocent act just that? Gnawing on my bottom lip, I kept my blue eyes on his dark one as I walked closer until I had almost to lean back to look straight up at him. He cocked his head from one side to the other as he peered at me, a smirk tugging at his black lips. His tattooed fingers reached up and gently ran through my hair and down to cup my face. I smiled softly as words of old came to mind; I haven't thought about the song in such a long time and yet it seemed quite fitting for what was going on. Blushing lightly I looked up at him as I sang softly:

"Pitiful creature of darkness,

What kind of life have you known?

God give me the courage to show you,

You are not alone."

I could tell he knew the song before I even finished, those hazel eyes found my lips as I sung the words, and just as the last syllable left my lips, his crashed against mine. Not only was it my first kiss but I was on my tip toes, and I know he was practically bent over. I heard a deep growl from his chest as he lifted me into the air. My legs wrapped around his waist as he pinned me up against the wall, a small moan escaping from the back of my throat. His body pressed against mine; it was such a new feeling; much like the metal, the grazed my bottom lip now and then. I had wondered from time to time how people with lip rings kissed or what it felt like. To say the experience was more than I ever imagined would be an understatement.

He pulled back a bit so he could stare at me. With my legs around his waist I was at a better height to look at him, the gold in his eyes mixed with the greenish color was so captivating. I was so lost in his eyes I didn't watch his lips part until the softest voice could be heard.

"Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime

Lead me, save me from my solitude

Say you want me with you here beside you

Anywhere you go, let me go too

Christine, that's all I ask of..."

I smiled brightly and pressed my lips to his gently, "I always wanted Erik to end up with Christine."