Love and Death Embrace (Ricky)

I hate Christmas. Okay, that was an understatement I really, really hate Christmas. The whole month of December needs to be eradicated from this planet. Nothing good ever comes from this month; my dog passed in December, I've lost family members, been cheated, been dumped, been left at the alter. Honestly in 28 years I really, really hate this month.

Which brought me to Christmas this year, it was already ten at night on Christmas Eve, and I was drunk, blasting HIM music from my sound system. Usually, I never played my music loud enough for the neighbors to hear. I was the quite spinster on the block that really didn't make too much of a splash. Sure they were thrown off by the fact in the spring and summer I rode a motorcycle to and from work, I had tattoos, and a cat and a dog and grew roses in my front yard. According to Bettie; the lady next door, the roses didn't seem to fit with the image I gave off.

I threw another log in my fireplace, poking around with the metal poker making sure that the air could get to the wood and the fire didn't suffocate. Once I was sure the wood would catch I closed the front door to the fireplace and picked up my drink taking a nice long drink. Normally I wasn't one for drinking; I hated the taste of alcohol. But I found a recipe for something called Candy Apple Fizz; which was Apple Pucker and Sprite. I put more sprite than needed, but I couldn't feel the burn and that's what I liked.

I had just fallen back onto the couch when I heard the doorbell. Groaning I got up and sat my drink on the counter, "Honestly, I don't make much of a disturbance, can't I have one night." I pouted as I threw up the door to see Ricky. He lived across the street but I never saw him much, I knew whatever he did he traveled a lot.

"Greetings and Salutations Rick." I smiled a bit drunkenly.

"HIM. You are playing HIM," was all he mumbled as he pushed his way into the house.

"Do come in and welcome to my Christmas shindig," I muttered as I closed the door and headed back to the living room, by passing the kitchen and grabbing my drink.

I saw him flipping through my vinyl collection that was massive since most of it belonged to my father and some of it were my Grandmothers. I watched him as I moved back to lay on the couch taking a sip and just enjoying the vibe. Normally I was paranoid about people in my house, and I would fidget and move about a lot. What can I say, drinking brings out the chill in me.

"Are you here alone?"

"Why are you going to kill me?" I open my eyes and look at him as his eyes widen.

"N-no I didn't want to um interrupt anything."

I laughed a bit, "Just me and the furbabies."

"On Christmas Eve?"

"What about you?" I bit back causing him to shuffle his feet a bit.

"Broke up with my girlfriend, the family is back in Seattle, and the guys are with their families and I didn't want to intrude."

"So you crashed my place?"

"You are playing HIM, I follow Ville." His tone was serious, and I could tell he was a hardcore fan, like my sister.

"Ville is all; Ville is God," I commented as he nodded his head with a smile. "And oh so adorable when he giggles." I snorted as Ricky laughed and agreed.

"Hm, I've been rude. want a drink?" I held up my glass, "alcohol."

"I got it." He held up his hands and headed for my kitchen, and I just shrugged allowing him to do what he wanted.

"So you're spending the holiday here alone?"

"Yep, I plan to bust out the horror movies soon."

Ricky walked back in looking a bit unsure as I moved my feet so he could sit down on the couch. "Um, can I stay?" I looked at him for a long moment. "Sure. I mean I haven't spent Christmas with anyone in years, so this will be new."

A few hours later found us both curled up together watching A Clockwork Orange, a bit wasted and enjoying the holiday.