At The Hop (Ricky)

"Please?"

"I said no."

"Why not?"

"You're not my type."

"Then what is your type?"

"What?"

"What's your type?"

I turned to look at the boy who stood at the table in front of me. His black hair had a slight curl to it that his black beanie covered most of it. His blue eyes were lined in black and stared at me questioningly as he chewed absentmindedly on his lip rings. I open and closed my mouth a few times as I tried to think of an answer that would make him go away, but nothing was coming to mind. Sure he was cute and seemed sweet, but I highly doubted we had anything in common.

"Well?" His voice was soft as his head tilted a bit making him look like a puppy. "Dinner and a movie that is all I'm asking. Something basic and old fashioned right?" He smiled a bit.

I snorted and shook my head, "Honestly Olson."

"It's Ricky. And Friday?"

"I'm busy Friday." And I was, I wasn't just giving him a line. I saw his smile falter and I felt kind of bad. He had started coming into my work every few days and sitting in my section so I'd wait on him. It took a few times, but he eventually struck up a conversation that normally ended with him asking me out. He has now been asking for almost a month in a half. Why did I keep turning him down? Honestly, I wasn't sure, I just never really dated and never had the urge to date. I was content with how my life was, why bring shit into it?

I chewed on my lip as I looked at him closely, the dark clothes, makeup, piercings and the tattoos on his fingers.

"What are you doing on Friday, um, if I can ask."

I smiled genuinely at him, "Something I do every month. A hobby of mine that I just, an escape you know?" I stuttered through an answer a bit embarrassed about it for some reason.

"Can I come?"

"I don't think you'd like it."

"Why not? What is it? Knitting? Book club? Cat lovers anonymous? I would like that last one a lot." He laughed a bit.

I shook my head, "Well you're in a rock band and-"

"Metal band."

I rolled my eyes, "Metal band and not the same type of music or dress code. You will stick out sorely."

His eyes narrowed a bit as he glared at me, "Just cause I'm in a metal band doesn't mean I don't like other things."

"Don't you have other girls to spend time with?"

"No. What? Why do you think that?"

"Well isn't that what rock-er-metal stars do?"

"That is stereotyping. And for your information, Ghost is in a long term, Balz is in a long term, Chris just got out of one, and Ryan just started to see a girl he's been talking to for a bit. And I keep asking this girl, but she keeps turning me down and yet can't give me a damn good reason."

I narrowed my eyes at his language. "Fine. You want to join me on Friday?"

"Yes!"

"Do you own a white t-shirt? Just a plain white one?"

I watched as he thought about it before slowly nodding. "How about a leather jacket?" I could see the confusion on his face as he nodded again. "Okay, black jeans, white shirt, leather jacket, and make sure you bring your packet of smokes. Meet me here at five on Friday."