Twenty || The Truth Hurts

Anakin's POV

My wife and I walked into the Jedi temple. I'm just about to finish Alex's training. She's almost ready. She is very powerful I promised her she'd be all powerful but, she's all powerful to her ability. She's to... how do I put this? Girly.

Prim's old Padawan Josh finished training and faced the trials a few weeks ago. He is now a Jedi knight. He is a good Jedi.

"Should we tell Obi Wan," she said quietly.

"No," I answered.

"Why? He wants to help you," she said.

"We don't need his help," I said.

"Yes we do, what are we gonna do when my stomach starts showing through my clothes, it's already starting to," she pleaded.

"We'll figure something out," I said.

"What? Say I have the plague and can't go on missions," she snapped.

"Yes," I laughed.

"Seriously! This is serious," she whisper yelled. 

"I know but we don't need help just yet if we will need it," I pointed out.

"It's not like that," she said rolling her eyes.

"Then what do you want me to do for you," I asked.

"I don't know, but we need some kind of help so we don't get expelled for the Jedi order," she sighed.

"We will but we don't need it right now," I said.

"Fine whatever," she snapped.

"Hey, I'll see you soon," I said softly.

"Okay," she said.

I walked off to find Alex. I found her and we began training. She was doing perfect. "You're doing amazing, I think you'll be ready for the trials very soon," I said.

"Really?! I can't wait to be a Jedi knight," she cheered.

"Okay, okay, if you're ever gonna get there you have to finish training today," I said trying to calm her down.

"Okay," she breathed and went back to reflecting rays with her lightsaber.

Primrose's POV

I waited in the Jedi Temple. Does he not understand that Obi Wan is the only person that could help us. Why is he so reluctant!

I paced at the fact of being expelled form the Jedi order. I looked down at my stomach. I know you couldn't see it through my clothes—barely, yet—and I was wearing loose Jedi robes as a precaution. I want this baby. It's just my life could be ruined and then change for the better? No, if Anakin would let me talk to Obi Wan about this I probably would have a a beautiful child and still be a Jedi!

"Prim, are you okay," Obi Wan asked me. Shoot!

"Yes, just a little fidgety today, that's all," I lied.

"Yeah, I don't believe it for a second come on," he said as we began walking together in the temple, "what's bothering you?"

"Nothing I swear," I said.

"Prim, I've known you your whole life, there's something going on with you," he said. It's true, he has known me forever. He's pretty much my best friend.

"I know it's just I don't wanna talk about it just yet," I sighed.

"You know you can always talk to me. Your wearing Jedi robes instead of your style of Jedi leggings and cropped shirt, are you sick or something," he asked. Should I say I have the plague? No! That was sarcasm in the first place and I can't lie to him.

"No I'm not sick," I snapped.

"Okay, then just tell me what's bothering you it can't be that bad," he said.

"It's worse and better than you think, I don't know what to call it, it's amazing and decently bad," I said trying to make sense.

"Okay I guess your not gonna tell me today but you'll have to eventually," he said.

"I will," I promised. I should just tell him now... but Anakin will most likely rip my head off. Unless we don't tell Anakin that I told him... "okay I really should tell you but not here."

"Alright come along then," he said and I followed him to a room, "what is it?"

"I-I-I'm pregnant," I admitted. I was staking deep shaky breaths trying not cry.

"Anakin's the father isn't he," he asked.

"Yes," I said.

"You want the baby right?" He asked.

"Of course!" I assured him.

"I know a way to make it so you two can keep your ranks does Anakin know you're telling me," he said.

"No, I even told him you could help us but he's so reluctant!" I said.

"I know he is, you need to talk to him," he said.

"He's training Alex right now, I will when we get home," I said.

"Good, everything's going to be okay, you just can't do anything around here anymore for a while. You need to take care of yourself. You will come back," he explained.

"I know and great! Thank you so much, I knew I could trust you, but what about Anakin? He's likely to kill me," I said.

"He wouldn't hurt you," he said.

"Thank you," I said.

~

"Are you alright," he asked me.

"I talked to Obi Wan," I said just letting the truth explode out of me.

"About you being pregnant and me being the father," he questioned.

"Yes," I said with fear burning inside me.

"Why?" Him and the questions!

"I had to! He can keep our ranks, I have to stay home until I'm able to go back healthy," I said.

"Fine, but we didn't need his help," he said.

"Yes we do! Stop debating with me," I said.

"Alright," he said with a pang of anger.

"Don't do this," I said.

"What," he said.

"Hate me," I said with tears threatening to spill my eyes.

"I could never hate you," he said pulling me into his arms.

"I could never hate you," I said back.