chapter 11

It has been a few days since Naruto met with Jiraiya and the Hokage. The Second Exam had finished about an hour ago. Anko was feeling better. Teams 9, 10, and the Team from Sound finished since the day Team 7 got to the Tower.

As of now, Teams 7, 8, 9, 10, Gaara's Team, and the Sound Team are in an arena like hall. Anko, the Jounin of each team, the Sandaime Hokage, and even Jiraiya of the Sannin are all present at the front, staring at the Genin. There was also the Shinobi Clan Heads. Sarutobi walked forward first. "Congratulations to all that passed the Second Exam. However, those of you left are too plentiful. For this reason, we will be forced to have a Preliminary round."

"What?" Kiba shouted, truly surprised.

Sarutobi looked at him. "There are too many of you left. There are Lords, Nobles, and even the Mizukage has decided to attend, though for an unknown reason." Naruto nodded, though the rest were confused. "We need to keep it moving as fast as possible, while keeping it interesting. As such, the numbers mut be whittled down. Nothing personal, just business."

Everyone nodded. Another Jounin, a female, appeared in front of them. "Lord Hokage, allow me, Yugao Uzuki, the proctor for this Exam, to explain things further." Sarutobi nodded, and the purple haired Kunoichi turned to the Genin. "Greeting everyone. I am Yugao Uzuki, the Proctor for the Third Exam. The Preliminary Round will be 1 on 1 elimination based matches. You fight, you win, you continue. The way we shall choose your opponents is with this." She looked at Anko, who nodded, before a panel opened up from the wall. "Note that the matches will be determined at Random. Now, is there anyone that would not like to continue? If you do not wish to continue, then your team will not take the fall with you."

No one spoke up. "No one? Alright then. Roll the names!" She shouted over her shoulder, before names scrolled on the screen.

Sasuke Uchiha

vs

Ino Yamanaka

Everyone that knew of Ino's infatuation did a double take. Team 7, Asuma, and Kurenai shared one thought. 'Ino is screwed.'

Sasuke had a different thought. 'Oh yeah. Time to vent.' Naruto and Hinata caught the thought, and shook their heads. "She's going to get herself killed here." Naruto stated, plainly. Hinata nodded in agreement.

Asuma looked at him. "Don't underestimate Ino, kid."

"I'm not underestimating her. If I didn't know what Sasuke would be thinking at that declaration, I wouldn't have said that."

"What is it?" Sakura asked, suddenly fearful.

"One word: Vent." Hinata stated. Sakura grinned a bit sadistically, scaring Kurenai.

"Sakura..."

"Don't worry, Sensei. This... is a match I'm going to enjoy." She replied. "Ino will get her butt kicked here."

The Sand and Sound Teams were confused at this, but kept watch.

"Ino Yamanaka against Sasuke Uchiha. Ready?" They both nodded. "Begin!" She jumped back. Ino instantly put on a sadistic face.

"You're mine, Sasuke-kun." She said.

"You're lucky you're a Konoha Kunoichi. Otherwise, you would be dead. I'll settle for extreme torture." Sasuke stated, earning a bit of surprise from Ino. Sasuke's eyes changed, but not into the Sharingan. They went Amber with a Black Slit, causing surprise from everyone who saw it... minus Team 7 and Sarutobi.

The moment Sasuke's eyes met Ino's she was caught.

-Genjutsu Realm-

Ino found herself in a place with a Red Moon in the sky. "Where am I?"