chapter 2

Hinata woke up in the morning, feeling completely refreshed. There was a few days before Team Placements, so she was about to find out something to do, when someone came into her room.

"Lady Hinata. I was just about to wake you." The Branch member said.

"I take it my father wants to see me about my recent disappearance acts?" Hinata asked, earning a nod. "Then please let him know that I'd rather gouge my eyes out than tell anyone. All he really needs to know is that I've been working on ways to make the Jyuuken work for me with a friend. This is something I have to do myself, as the majority of the Hyuuga clan would not be able to help me in that regard."

Another person came up to them. "And why would that be, my daughter?" It was Hiashi Hyuuga.

"Father, there is a reason the Jyuuken was never easy for me to learn. I have found out the reason with my friend's help, and like I told them: I would gouge my own eyes out before I said anything on it. I swore it on my Hyuuga Status, and even then I'd still lose my eyes. That should tell you how serious I am about this." Hinata told him, her voice never waning.

"I see you've grown a bit of a backbone." Hiashi turned to the Branch Member. "Please leave us. I need to talk to my daughter in private. No one is to interrupt, not even the Elders."

"Yes sir." The man bowed and left, prompting Hiashi to activate a few Barrier Jutsu.

"Hinata I am proud that you have been trying to get it to work for you, and even gained some confidence. At least let me know who your friend is. That way I can thank him properly." Hiashi said.

"I'm sorry but I can't do that." Hinata said. "Not until I'm finished with everything that we've been working on. All I can say is that he's not a Hyuuga, and he is the one that helped me realize my problem with the Jyuuken."

"And just what is the problem?"

"Before I answer that, I have one question. How many Hyuuga have there been that has Water as their dominant Chakra affinity, with Wind as the Second Best?" Hinata asked.

"Only one. Your mother." Hiashi had a looked of indifference, but his eyes showed he still mourned her. "She was the only Hyuuga not known to have an Earth Affinity. What does this have to do with anything?"

"Everything." Hinata replied. "Those are my two best Elements. Water being the highest, and Wind being the Second highest. I have found no skill in Earth element, and that's the problem. The only ones that use the original Jyuuken used it based on the Earth element. Defense only. My main element is Water, which is balanced, while my secondary is Wind, which is mainly Offensive. Add in my flexibility, and you realize that the way other Hyuuga are taught would never work for me."

"Who managed to figure this out?" Hiashi asked.

"My friend has scrolls everywhere in his house. He's been doing extensive research on everything he can. History of the clans currently in Konohagakure included. I still have to work on the Jyuuken Specific Techniques, and manage to implement them into it. It will take a while longer before I can, and even have a few ideas to do just that. I would suggest you tell the Elders to back off, and not question me about my training, and not to place the Caged Bird Seal on me because I'm supposed to be inept. Instead, I'm learning things in a way that would work for me. I already know that the Hokage himself wouldn't be able to find the place, much less enter it. There are only 4 that are currently alive that can enter the place due to a security measure that was implemented years ago." Hinata told him.

"Let me guess... Space-time Barrier Ninjutsu?" Hinata tensed when he said that. "Thought so."

"No one can know where I've been going for this. I've gone too far to turn back now, and he has been teaching me better than the Hyuuga Clan has. I'd almost say he's a better teacher for me than you are."