chapter 10

Naruto, Hinata and Sasuke were walking through the academy. Naruto looked miffed that Sasuke was there, Sasuke put up the aura of arrogance again, and Hinata, well, she was just being a little more confident than before. They have a permanent mental link for this, in case something came up, and no one else should hear it.

They up on a door that clearly stated Room 332, however, all 3 recognized it as a Genjutsu. Naruto spoke over the link first. "Sasuke, time for your stupidly arrogant side to make an appearance. Tell them that even a dead last, such as myself, can tell the difference."

"Naru, you know I don't like it when people insult you."

"Actually, Hinata, he has a point. The old me would make constant barbs at him for lack of ineptitude. And then he'd get defensive about it and yell at me." Sasuke told her.

"He's right. This is just playing the part to the maximum." Naruto added. "You may not like it, Hina, but it's necessary right now. When we reach the Second Portion, that's when the masks come off."

"Fine, I'll hold myself back."

"You can hit him, but use a fist, and not Jyuuken influenced. Make sure it hits the head." Naruto stated.

"You trying to cause me brain damage?" Sasuke asked.

"If I was, I would've said add in the Jyuuken. Which I just told her not to use on you. We'd need you for the Exams anyway, and doing that now would counteract what we need." They were all silent after that, before Sasuke made his presence known. "Get out of my way. And drop the Genjutsu while you're at it. Even the dead last of my class can tell that it's only a Genjutsu."

"HEY!" Naruto shouted. 'God, I feel like an idiot.'Hinata then bonked Sasuke on the head.

"Insult him like that again, and I might Jyuuken your nuts off." She told him. "And now we have more weaklings to fight. I thought that's something you wouldn't want, as you detest fighting weaklings."

Sasuke glared at her before hearing something."Sasuke, I'm about to hit you, dodge to the right." He did so, and Naruto purposely lost balance, though it looked like an accident. "See what I mean? You're still a dead..." He saw the look on Hinata's face, and remembered her threat earlier, gulped, and shut up.

The others saw this and was wondering what the hell happened. There was only one person that saw through the facade, and he glared intensely at Hinata. 'So that's your game, huh? I will not be made a fool of by you again. And that blonde... He should have been the dead last of his class, yet he brought her to a point no one would ever be able to reach. Fate easily puts them at the bottom, yet they have both made it to the top...' He stopped for a second and realized something. 'What if they were hiding everything beforehand, and then... NO THAT CAN'T BE POSSIBLE!'

"Neji, you okay?" A girl asked him.

"Hn." was his response. Team 7 was walking off, and he looked at a Genin in Green Spandex. "Let's go Lee."

Lee looked at Team 7 as they walked off. 'He went off balance on purpose. If I weren't a Taijutsu specialist, I would've thought he was just some dead last like... Myself. Of course! That was all an act!' Lee got up, and followed them to the room.

-Room 332-

Naruto, Hinata, and Sasuke entered the room after listening to Kakashi's protocol speech. They went in, knowing that Kakashi was putting on an act to appease the other Jounin and the Hokage.

They immediately found Kiba... actually, Kiba found them, and made it known as his rash self came up to them. Sakura came up to them as well, acting like a bit of a fangirl for Sasuke, who she went through Sasuke, who simply smirked as she phased through him in surprise. "And that's why I love the Izanagi."