Chapter 1

As most stories do, mine also begins in High School. Are there even people who actually liked High School unless you are a Cheerleader or the Quarterback? I know this sounds like a cliché but it's true.

My name is Lea Schiller and I was happy. I was fine with my life, with my friends and with my siblings. The only question is when did it change? When did my life get so complicated that even I was sick of it? When did I start fantasizing about changing lives with let's be honest everyone but me? Or was it always like this and I just started noticing? Let me begin from the start...

The first day of sophomore year was normal. A lot of weird welcomes from student counsel members who were forced to greet the new students and meeting the teachers I was going to see every day for an entire year. My siblings and I were new at the Gordon High School. It was big compared to our school in Germany. It was even big compared to our whole town. As you can probably guess we just had moved from Germany.

The second day was pretty much the same. But the third day was different. It was a wednesday. My brother came into my room and told me to wake up. As usual I woke up as soon as I heard his voice and popped in the shower before my sister had the chance to. Her showers took three times as long as mine or my brothers. Then I started getting dressed but I still wasn't able to open my eyes. I was not a morning person. Neither was my mother. That's why we loved staying in bed on Saturdays and watching cheesy love movies while we drank hot chocolate. But that's also the reason why I tried to stay out of everybody's business in the morning.

After I closed the buttons of my blouse, I reentered the bathroom and started to put make-up on. That's when my twin sister slammed the door open and said: "Ohhhh, no! Nope! You definitely can't wear that! That blouse only looks good on me."

"We look exactly the same. How can it look good on you but not on me?" I asked confused. I mean we looked exactly alike.

"Let's be honest Sis. I was always the prettier one. And besides you don't have the cheek bones to pull that off."

"I can not believe how self absorbed you are. I look just like you. I've live with the same people that you lived with. Our friends are the same and even our cheekbones are the same, yet you are a bitch and I'm not." I snapped but I guess don't mess with me in the morning. I might bite.

"Lea don't kid yourself everyone likes me more bitchy or not", she said in the most selfish way possible.

And before I could answer, my twin brother came in. I think I forgot to mention that we're triplets. My brother's name is Elias, my sister's Agatha and my name is Lea. I guess you know that by now. I know that our names are a little unusual but we are half german and half american. So our parents figured let's make the lives of our children even harder by giving them complicated names that no one can write correctly.

My mom met my dad during a backpacking trip threw Europe when she was nineteen. My mom, Anne fell in love with my dad and he loved her back. She had us nine months and ten days later but it was too much for their family so we lived just the five of us for fifteen years. You can imagine her surprise when she found out that she wouldn't have to take care for just one baby on her own but three. But she chose not to give us up for adoption anyway and my dad supported her decision. I just adored them.  They had ups and downs but they always loved each other. That was the thing I admired the most about their relationship. When I was little I used to imagine that someday I would find my prince and we'd love each other just as much as them.

Of course there are no such things as Happily Ever Afters and that's why my dad died in a car crash. After my dad, Thomas died every thing changed. Everyone changed. My sister Agatha became more irresponsible than ever, started hanging out with the wrong kind of people. I know that everybody has their own "kind of people" but these friends, as my sister called them would leave her in her worst times just to get high one more time. That is also partly the reason why we moved. My brother Elias started to only care about his career as a professional guitarist. His grads got really bad and all he talked about was dropping out of school. And that upset my mom in a lot of ways, which meant that I had to be responsible for both of my twins. But I still wasn't enough for my mom. She said that she still couldn't live in the house that she and my father built together with nothing but love. Also she couldn't deal with the way that people were treating her. The way that people were treating us. It was a small town, which meant that everyone knew about my father's car crash. Shockingly the stares didn't bother me as much as the silent whispering that suddenly stopped as soon as one of us entered the room did. They were acting like we're a delicate Flower that even when they talk to us they might break us or catch a weird grief-disease. I remember how people that I call my sisters wouldn't talk to me because I wasn't just a girl. I was the girl whose father died. They didn't know how to act around me and I guess gossiping about us was more entertaining than actually spending time with us.