Chapter 3

At Lunch I sat with Linda. She went to some huge party last night and had a huge hangover. I tried to resist but making her feel the pain of a nasty hangover was just too good. And anyway she didn't invite me so she deserved it in a way. I would slam my books on the sticky cafeteria table as hard as I could. She would make a face and I'd laugh at her.

"Lea before it's turn to slap your huge history book, can I ask you a question?"

"Shoot", I said in a baby voice. We had become such close friends in such a short time. I adored her.

"What is actually going on between you and Colin?"

"Nothing. Why?"

"It's just that he called me yesterday and told me to not come to the Thanksgiving dinner."

"Oh I'm so sorry. I swear I didn't tell him to do anything."

"I know", she said and looked at me suspiciously.

After lunch I went to my locker to get my books. As the bell ran I turned my head around and saw Colin. He was taking something from a guy with really black clothes. I wanted to say hi but I couldn't be late to my class and anyway he didn't see so I ran to my next class.

"Oh Lady, my lady", was the first thing I heard a school lead out and I was waiting for Colin to pack his bag and come outside. I turned around and my nose touched Colin's nose. How could he have come so fast over here?

"Ohm, sorry." I said taking one step back.

"Don't be. I was enjoying that moment."

I was definitely blushing. I could literally feel my face burn up. That happened a lot whenever I was scared, embarrassed or flattered.

"I have a surprise for you but you need to get really fancy first."

"Excuse me?" I asked more confused than I thought possible.

"I said get in the car. We are going to your house and you are going to get dressed really nice. I mean nicer than you look usually. My tuxedo is in the backseat. I hope you don't mind but I will get dressed in your house."

"But why?"

"Don't you know what a surprise is little Miss WW2." That was a little but offensive but I was too surprised to say something. All I could squeeze out was a little nod. He drove like crazy and kept looking at his watch and saying that we were so late. What for I kept wondering.

When we arrived at home I checked if anyone was home but I didn't think they would. I was right.

"Colin, listen to me." I demanded. "I will go upstairs and get ready. You can go into my brothers room and get dressed there."
"Oh man, Lea. You are destroying the whole fun." He whispered into my ear. He went into Elias' room after flashing me a Colin smile.

I went into my room, got undressed. Looked at myself in the mirror. I had greasy hair. Why today of all days. Last night I was too tired to take a shower. I opened my closet and got my most expensive clothes out. Took a towel as well. Got undressed and wrapped the towel around me and before I could open my door to go into the bathroom Colin kicked open the door. "How is it going on my beautiful... and naked lady?" He said more pleased than confused.

"OH MY GOD. COLIN. Wtf are you doing? Didn't your mom teach you how to knock or at least not barge in to a girls room announced, may I add". I screamed wrapping the towel around me even tighter. Colin's existence made me feel uncomfortable. Or maybe it was my lack of clothing. We stared at each other for a very awkward minute until I continued speaking.