Chapter 11

We sat on my mothers bed untill Agatha came home and somehow the first thing she asked was the location of our mother. We tried to explain the situation but how can you tell your sister that your mom left nd that she might be unemployed?With all the money the moving cost us we would have to move back home or even worse maybe even be homeless. We did the best we could. The strange thing was that she didn't even look hurt. She said 'whatever' and just left the room. What was wrong with her? How could she react like that? How can she not care?

I was so upset that I fell asleep on the couch. I didn't want to face Agatha and to be honest I was so tired that I didn't have the strength to go to my room.

I woke up the next morning my whole body sore. This is what happens when you sleep on the couch you idiot!

"Morning sis." Elias greeted me. He was at the stove cooking something.

"What'ya making there buddy?" I looked up from the couch.

"Pancakes. I thought we could all use some Nutella in our life."

"You're such a dork."

"Yeah must run in the family."

I stood up from the couch and made my way to the table that was located in the middle of our kitchen.

"Where's Agatha?" I questioned.

"She went out last night and she didn't come home yet."

"What time is it?"

"Around 11."

"And she is still not back?" She was just unblieveable. Even now when our lives are messed up she finds time to party. And thats twice in a row.

"Yeah. Don't be so hard on her. Everyone deals with stress in a different way, you know."

"No, I don't know and I'm not hard on her." He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "Okay I'm a little hard on her but if I don't push her to do her best then who will? Definitely not her, let me tell you that."

At that moment my phone buzzed. It was a text message from Colin and as usual I ignored it. I didn't want to talk to him before but now I couldn't. I didn't have an explanation for all of this.

And then the door rang. I made my way threw the living room and kitchen and opened the door.

"Lea."

"What do you want Colin?" I couldn't take his bullshit right now. I couldn't take anything right now. Both of my parents left me. And on top of that my sister only comes home to sleep.

"I just want to talk. What did I do? I don't understand."

"I don't know but how about you start by telling me about Melissa." Colin looked down on the ground and at that moment I knew he had done something.

"Before I keep going I need you to know that every story has two sides. I'm guessing you have heard Alec's and now please listen to mine."

I didn't know how to respond so I just simply nod.

"Despite what everyone sais I didn't give her drugs or alcohol or anything like that. She was already hucked on that stuff when we met. I knew that I loved her the moment I saw her. We became friends instently. At first it didn't really bother me that she drank and she had some weed ocasionally but then she tried the harder stuff like cocaine and after a while she would always be either drunk or high. I told her. I told her to stop. I told her that she was destroying herself but it was too late. She kept saying that everything was so fake. Everyone was so fake. We were all programmed to get an education, get a job, get married and then die. She would say that it's funny how to always want to get things and never give. She said that she was different, she wanted different. I tried everything to help her. I tried to talk to the counselors at school and to her family but everyone thought that I was supplying her so they didn't believe me. I swear I never gave her any drugs." Colin was still looking at the floor but I could see that his eyes were wet.