Chapter 64: Meaningless Highlights

Start from the beginning

The familiarity is quite disturbing.

I know now!

I pick up the picture frame to take an even closer look.

Is this little girl Tiffany Hales?!

I examined the little girl's features.

I'm pretty sure it's her. If not, then, they really have a strong resemblance.

If this is Tiffany, it means she knew Franz since they were kids.

And they look really close in this picture. Little Franz had his arm over little Tiffany's shoulder.

They don't seem that tight the last time we were all together.

"She was my best friend then."

I was startled when I heard a voice behind me.

It was Franz.

I carefully put the picture frame back on the table.

Damn it.

"I'm so sorry, Franz. I didn't mean to--"

"It's alright," He cut me off.

"Uhh... That girl was your best friend? She looks like... uhh.. Tiffany. That's why I picked it up just to take a closer look," I explained to him.

"Yes. It's Tiffany. We used to be best friends," He said as he turned his back on me and walked towards the Mahogany table.

I followed him.

"Let's start? We don't have all night," He said.

"Uhh-- Yeah. Let's," I answered.

We then started researching for our report on Aristotle.

We decided to find what we need on books in their library because book sources are more reliable than the Internet. Franz was pretty sure that they have books on Philosophy somewhere here. However, he also instructed me to research via Internet later tonight for further information and references.

I'll be doing the research on Aristotle's biography while Franz will focus on Aristotle's works. Of course, I chose to do the biography. It's easier.

Or not?

I look at the piece of paper Franz gave me. 

In it are his scribbles that read, "Aristotle's Biographical Sketch. birth, childhood, education, adulthood, until death-- everything!!"

I heave out a sigh as I start looking for useful information in a sea of Philosophy books.

"Will I bring all of these books at home?" I asked.

"Nope. I'll need those books too because the ones that contain biography, most of the time, also contain information on his works. Hmm... I have an idea! We will scan the pages you need, and then, we print it here so you can take them home," He answered.

"Wow. You are really smart. I never thought of that."

"How was that smart? It's common sense," Franz snickered.

I squinted my eyes at him.

"Guess common sense is not so common." He then let out a laugh.

I give him the middle finger.

Mom was already texting me. I replied to her all the information she needed to get here.

Time flies so fast, it's already almost 8PM.

When Franz was already satisfied with the number of references and the volume of information that we have, we started scanning and printing some pages of the books we need using the PC and scanner/ printer inside their home library.