"Why did you turn him down, Jennifer? Are you a fucking idiot? It takes a real bitch to turn down her best friend like that!" The questions piled up as his voice raised higher and higher until he was almost screaming at me and his body shook with anger as he continued.

"You really hurt him, Jennifer! How can you just turn the most amazing guy down like that?! And he's even your best friend!!" I let out a tiny giggle. If you asked me, it was soundless, but Calum obviously heard me, because he stood up from my bed and glared down at me. 

"Do you find his pain funny, Jennifer?!" I stood up as well and glared right back at him. 

"For your information I didn't turn him down! I was in shock, Calum! It NEVER crossed my mind that he would EVER like me!" I was now full-yelling at him and his face grew redder and redder as I continued. Which it was anger or embarrassment, I didn't know, but I still continued.

"Don't you DARE ever calling me a bitch AGAIN, Calum Hood! I was in utter shock, when he asked me out! I didn't know how to reply! My HEART was screaming at me to say 'yes', but my BRAIN and BODY refused to take an action on it! I am ashamed of myself for it.." At the last sentence a sob broke out and I sat heavily down on the bed as my hand flew up to my mouth to cover the sobs, which were flowing out of me now. Calum didn't make a sound and he did nothing to approach my now shaking body. I tried to calm myself down, but I found myself failing. I now realised how ashamed I was of myself. What I had done and how Luke must have taken my silence. 

Faintly I heard Calum approach my shaking body and then I felt his strong and warm arms wrap around my body. He rocked me softly and kissed me on the top of my head.

"Shhhh, Jen.. Please stop crying, hun.. I.. I'm sorry.." I nodded my head, but the cries and sobs that left me didn't disappear. Instead there escaped more of them and I hid my face in my hands.

"Jen.. I'm so so sorry.. Not once in the situation I saw it from your point of view.. Luke's my best friend, but so are you.. I should've approached it differently.." His voice were strained, which gave away how ashamed he was of himself. Slowly I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him back as we rocked back and forth in a very awkward manner, seeing my body was still shaking slightly from the few sobs that left my mouth. 

"Cal.. Cal, listen to me.. It's not your fault. You were just being a friend." He nodded and we let go of each other. I'm usually not good enough at comforting people, but Calum comforted me. The least I could do was convince him that it wasn't his fault and that he shouldn't be ashamed of himself. Calum wiped away the tear-trails and I smiled softly at him. A smile he return, before he got up from the bed.

"Go clean your face a bit before you go downstairs. I think you should explain your reaction with Luke and tell him the truth. I'll talk with Mikey and Ash before they come upstairs and goes through the same ragnarok I just went through." I nodded slowly and got up to clean my face. Faintly I heard Calum leave the room as I cleaned my face for any signs of me bawling my eyes out a few minutes ago. I applied some mascara on my eyelashes and a peach-coloured eyeshadow. I smiled at the mirror and gave myself a thumb up. Good as new!