Chapter 9 - Tell - Tale signs

In total she has been at there house for two months. IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOT AT THE END! Hope you enjoy :)

*Olive's P.O.V*

I knew who it was from.

It's been a while Olive,

You've been hiding well, but you can't live in a disguise forever; and you know I mean more than the wig and contacts. Scary to think you've lied to so many people about who you are; it's not good is it? And to think about if the word got out and how much trust would be broken, there would be no more happy life with you and your... stupid family. They really don't know what they've gotten themselves into. Once they know you will be rejected. Shame that in a month or two you will be but a petty memory; a memory that betrayed them.

It has been far too long that you have been let out in the wild. So I have decided to do some... culling. You are too dangerous to be left in the wide world, so I am going to take you home; you haven't been home in a while.

One more thing Olive, we may stop by your 'house' soon for a visit and to take you to your home; which you should be excited about. If you choose not to comply I can't guarantee the others... safety.

From,

Your true home

HOME IS WHERE EVERYONE BELONGS

I put the letter down, my hands shaking.

They can't stop can they?

What happens if they attack?

Olive keep it together, you've beat them before.

But what if Dad and the others find out? They would leave me.

Olive don't think like that! They would still keep you.

No, they would think of me differently; think of me as a freak.

You are a freak.

True, but self, you know what I mean.

Fear and worry ran through my head as I drifted off into a restless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The morning was vague. Everything seemed to move right by me. All their voices were mere whispers to, and short answers were my replies. The letter had taken over my thoughts. I was trying to find a solution, some way to get out of this jail that seems to be never ending.

"Olive?" Someone's voice took me back to the scary reality; I look up to see Dad. He was gently shaking me.

"Hey Dad", I replied, smiling weakly.

"What's wrong, darling? You've been out of it all morning" He asked, concern lacing his voice. He sat down next to me on the couch.

"Just struggling today, I'm not in the best head space, but I'm okay, I promise"

"Something's bothering you, I can tell, you can talk to me, you know that"

I looked him in the eye, "I will tell you when I am ready", uncertainty filling my voice, then a bit quieter I added, "Which may be sooner than I would have liked"

He lightly frowned, "Okay sweetie, tell me when you are ready"

He opened his arms pulling me in an embrace, I dove into him burying my head in his chest savouring this moment because I knew it wouldn't last forever.