Searching

(His point of view)

I am dressing in my attire for the evening. A deep, blue tunic, black leather pants, and a long black cloak. The shade of blue causes me to wrinkle my nose as I eye it, holding it out in front of me. But after putting it on and taking a glance in the mirror, I decide that I actually like the color afterall. I take a quick sip of bourbon before fastening the buckles on my boots and turn to head towards the door. I am trying not to walk too quickly, but I am rather anxious to find my love. I missed her so much today.

Upon entering the banquet hall, I find Link and Kendha, along with the rest of the warrior lot standing by one of the windows. Link sees me first and waves me over. I let my eyes continue to search as I make my way in his direction, but I do not see her. She must be running a little behind.

Link hands me a glass of wine as I finally make it to my circle of friends.

"Where is my sister?" he asks, scanning the room.

"She must be running a little late," I respond, trying to sound sure of myself. "She should be here any minute." He and Kendha both smile at my quick and convincing response. We flow through a conversation of the warrior training that is to take place tomorrow. I am truly looking forward to it as I have found a new love for the art of war. Now that I have someone who truly makes me feel like I am wanted and welcome in a sparring arena. Link engages me on every little thing, always making me feel a part of the rest of them. And the other warriors seemed just as enthusiastic about my new membership as he did.

Every few minutes, I turn my eyes torwards the doorway, looking for her. But she never comes. This is a little odd. It is not like her to be this late. She surely would have been here by now.

Dinner is announced as the King and Queen enter. I make my way to my seat, where hers remains empty. I sit, still eyeing the doors, waiting for her to appear at any second. But as our plates are served, she never does. I can feel my brow creasing with worry. Link notices this.

"She must have gotten caught up with something whilst on her rounds today," he says, attempting to reassure me. But it does not help. In all the time I have been here, Christine has never missed a dinner with me. This is so unlike her.

I am suddenly feeling very off, like something is not quite right.

"Where is Christine?" the King asks, taking a sip of his wine. His eyes are looking to me for a response.

"She is running late, as her rounds today took up more time than usual. I shall go and make sure that she is alright, just to be safe," I lie in hopes of detouring his. He smiles at me, nodding his permission for me to be excused. I have to fake a smile through my concerned expression before I stand and make for the doors. The closer I get to them, the more unease I feel creeping in on my mind. I am trying not to let it sink in though. She may just now be getting back. No need to panic. I'll just go up to her chambers and check to see if she is there. I am sure that she is by now.

I reach her tower, then make my way up the winding stairs. Upon coming to her doors, I knock a few times. No response. I knock again. I hear footsteps coming from the other side. Oh thank gods...

But it isn't Christine who comes to the door.

"Branye," I say, sounding a little more disappointed than I should let on.

"Yes, Prince Loki?" She has a puzzled look on her face, obviously wondering why I am here and not downstairs dining with the others.

"I was just wondering if Christine had returned from her rounds today," I say. One of her eyebrows raises at my words.