Lost Eyes

(Her point of view)

Once we reach the castle's drawbridge, we dismount our horses. Several of the men and Link immediately come to assist in carrying the stranger.

"Where do you want us to take him?" Link asks.

"To my chambers," I reply. "I need to examine his wounds and start the process of healing him as soon as possible. Walk swiftly but carefully. I do not wish his wounds to worsen." No one seems to hesitate as they move at a quick pace. I lead the way as they carry him as carefully as they can up the tower stairs and down the long hallway to my chambers. I open the doors for them before motioning for them to place him on my bed. Branye is standing in the corner by the window, looking at me with a confused expression.

I do not let my gaze linger in her face just yet. Instead, I turn to thank the men, catching Link's eye.

"Thank you, Brother," I say quietly. "Thank you for standing behind me."

He smiles at me before leaning down and kissing my forehead.

"It may be insanity, and we have probably just broken a dozen Medinian laws. But I know that what you are doing is right. Will you be requiring my assistance further, Sister?"

I shake my head.

"No, I shall be fine. I have Branye. If something should get out of hand, I will send for you immediately."

He continues to smile down at me warmly with my favorite brotherly smirk. Then, he kisses my forehead once more before turning to leave.

"Take care of my sister," he orders, looking to Branye over his shoulder.

"Of course, my Prince," she responds, curtsying. I wait for the doors to close then reach out and telepathically lock them. My darling maid is at my side instantly.

"What happened?!" She asks in shock.

"Branye, we do not have much time. I will explain later. Please just help me get him undressed. I need to examine his wounds and start the healing process as soon as possible. I pray we are not too late." I immediately move closer and begin unfastening the first of what seems to be many clasps of his armor.

"You intend to undress him manually? But he is so tall!" She questions in exclamation. "He must weigh at least a good two hundred pounds, Christine. It will take us forever to get all of his clothing off. Why can you not just lift him with your gifts and remove his clothing that way? It would be much easier than-"

"Because, Branye," I interject, looking down to study his sickly and unsettling, pale complexion. Gods.... he looks sick....very sick......

"I cannot take a chance on using much more of my energy before beginning the healing process. Now that he is here and I am more able to focus, I sense something terribly wrong. My gut tells me that I am going to need every ounce of my strength to heal his wounds." I reach up and motion for her to help me.

"Branye, look at the color of his skin. Can you not see it? He is ill. I fear that whatever is wrong with him may be quite....substantial."

Upon hearing my last statement, I see the recognition and urgency click in her mind. Without a moment's hesitation, she practically flies into action to assist me. We struggle to lift him up into a sitting position, as he is purely dead weight. Gods almighty! He is so heavy!

And, until now, I had not realized how tall he is. I realize that undressing him may really be an effort in itself.

We finally get his armor off, then his shirt and undershirt. Then the real work begins, removing his pants. I instantly regret not having asked Link to stay and help. He would have been able to lift him easily.