Horrors from Her Past- Part 2

(Her point of view)

"The days drug on as I began to lose track of time. Sethos began to make more frequent visits to my room, sometimes several times a day. Sometimes once, others never. But each and every time that he did appear, it was absolutely agonizing. As he was a very skilled sorcerer, he would forcefully reach into my mind and flash images of me trying to kill my father before my eyes. He would force pictures of himself raping my mother, my brother, Branye. I would see our people being beheaded or impaled. I would see small children being torn limb from limb. I would see visions of him impregnating women just so that he could liter our world with his demonic offspring, all in hopes that one of them might rise to power after his treacherous rule. He would try to convince me that I wanted to be his, to be his Queen. He tried to possess me, in a sense. I fought so hard to put a barrier in between us, but he was too strong. And I was weak from malnutrition, as I was fed next to nothing most days. So I was rendered helpless as my mind was defenselessly filled with his dastardly nightmares and plans." I halt for only a moment, attempting to settle my now racing heart.

"Weeks turned to months. Months turned to years. Over time, I lost track of what day it was. But as time moved along, I sensed that my thirteenth birthday had to be drawing near. I also began developing into more of a woman, as my menstrual cycle presented itself. I had been locked up in that hel for nearly three years, two of them without seeing a single soul apart from Sethos and a few soldiers. The only good thing about being locked away all alone was that it allowed for me to explore my gifts. I had eventually realized that I too had powers over the mind. As soon as I made this realization, I set to work on strengthening my barrier in attempts to block Sethos from my mind. It took me a long time, as I was still so seriously underfed. But that did not stop me from working day in and day out. I was beyond desperate to find some way of keeping him out of my head. All the while, I had grasped the fact that my sanity had long since left me. I desperately wanted to go to the dungeons to make sure that my parents were safe, but Sethos forbid it. The only night I had ever spoken a word to him since the day he had me locked in the tower was the night that I finally asked if I could see them just for a moment. He became infuriated, cursing at me for being ungrateful that he had allowed me to live a life outside of the dungeons. Then, his anger only escalated as he realized that he could no longer invade my mind. He tried so hard to torture me with his ghastly images as my punishment, but this time, I was able to fight him by applying an unbreakable seal around my thoughts. My tedious and exhaustive practice had finally paid off, but I soon cursed myself for blocking him out. For in his ungodly fit of rage, it sent for him to lash out in a maddening fury. His tormenting images were nothing compared to what form of punishment he chose next." I have to stop as I sense my fists clinching in my lap. I can feel them. Hot tears burning in the corners of my eyes. This is the part that I have relived in my nightmares over and over. It is as if huge scabs are being ripped from every inch of my body.

I am surprised to see that Loki's fists are mirroring mine. He has them clenched as he glares at the ground in front of him. I release my hands that are now covered in sweat and attempt to seem somewhat calm.

"You do not have to continue, Christine," he hisses through his teeth. "I can tell this is very painful for you." Is he truly so concerned for my feelings?

A voice in my head tells me to keep going, despite how painful it is going to be. This only makes me want to cry more.

"Perhaps if you were to just think it, I could read your mind, if you let me in," he suggests, relaxing his tense position slightly. His eyes become softer, looking to me in sympathy.

"Would that make it easier?" he asks.

"No. No...I need to get this out. I have been holding it in for so long. Something about actually speaking the words seems like it might give me better closure," I am whimpering now. I struggle as I take more deep breaths. Please don't think less of me, Loki.