She Was Real

(His point of view)

I dry off quickly and dress in the clothes that are lying on the now neatly made bed. Branye...I believe that was the maiden's name, according to the Prince. She must have done this. I have no choice but to admit that she is quite sufficient.

My outfit is very similar to what the Prince's had been. However, my tunic is not white, but a pale blue. I am not too particularly fond of the color, but it will do for the now. At least it is clean. The cloth feels to be some of the finest material; thick and well-fitting to my long torso. Once I am finished dressing, I wet my hands a little, then run then through my hair to keep it out of my face, then head towards the door. As soon as I exit out into the noticeably elaborate hallway, I am, once again, met by the Branye woman.  

"Maid. Might you escort me to wherever Prince Link is?" She nods, curtsying to me whilst wearing a smile. Everyone seems kind enough here, thus far. I like it. It's about damn time I get some bloody respect from lowly servants.

"This way," she says quietly. I follow her down the long hallway before we come to an archway and a wooden door. Once on the other side, we come to the top of a spiral staircase. As we descend, I sense that we are winding down a rather tall stone tower, illumanited by many large torches along its walls here and there. Once at the bottom, we pass through yet another extravagant doorway and come out into an enormous and open hallway that is brightly lit by thousands upon thousands of candles. This palace is much like that of Asgard's, just without so much gold. And much more ancient looking.

There are more earthy tones in its décor; dark browns, blues, and greens. Rich purples and deep reds. As we pass several more numerous hallways, I cannot help but notice that the many bypassing people smile at me and nod. I assume by their attire that they are other servants. No one looks at me with fear or disgust, but with sincere kindness and respect. I suddenly find myself not smiling, but returning their nods. Normally, I would not even pay them my attention in the lease bit. What are you doing, Loki? These simple people are beneath you. Do not make eye contact. Don't speak. Just walk.

But as we continue on, I am only met with even more friendly smiles and nods, leaving me feeling off put and all the more abnormal.

We finally take a hard right, heading down yet another long hallway with high ceilings until we come to the end. Two majestic, wooden doors are propped open, thus allowing me a view of a fantastic dining or banquet hall of sorts. As we come to its entrance, I peek in and see a single, overly lengthened, rectangular table placed in the very center of the room. There, sitting at the far right end, is the Prince. He has a shining, gold goblet in his hand. I see that there is another matching goblet sitting in front of the chair next to him. He is expecting me.

"I will leave you now, Sir. Enjoy your meal," Branye says, nodding to me once again. I nod my thanks to her in silence before she quickly turns and walks away. I take in a steady breath of air, aiming to jut my chest out in my most proud attitude. Then, I make my way in. He does not even notice my entrance until I am but just a few feet away. Once he does, however, he hastily stands, sporting a wide smile.

"Ah, my new friend!" He claps me on the back and gestures for me to sit. Friend? I am hardly your friend......

He claps his hands together twice, then returns to his seat. Before I have even had time to settle, several servants seem to appear out of nowhere baring enormous trays of food. They lay them out before us, and my mouth begins to water. Large drumsticks of roasted meat, potatoes, green beans, corn, puddings, and more wine. The smell is divine. I am truly in Valhalla.