Kneeling

*For those who cry easily, get tissues ready....this is somewhat emotional! ENJOY!

(His point of view)

I turn from Christine's eyes only to find the King walking towards us with his sword.

"If you are to court my daughter, then you must first be of proper title. Prince Loki, please kneel." A slight gasp threatens to emit from my mouth as I take in his movements. What? Is he going to.......

I feel Christine nudge my arm, ushering me forward. I walk until I am just at his feet before stooping down on one knee. Is this really happening?

Is this really......happening?

I suddenly feel the cool weight of the heavy metal weapon resting over my right shoulder as I bow my head.

"Prince Loki of Jotunheim, by the power vested in me by my father, by our most holy mother angel Adrielle, and by the gods above, I dub thee, Sir Loki, Prince of Medina. Warrior of the Land, and champion of my daughter's heart. You are officially a permanent citizen and protector of this world. May you live long and protect this land and it's people with utmost humility and honor." The blade taps lightly against my body, then I feel it tap once more against my left shoulder.

"Arise, Sir Loki, and welcome home." Holy.....shit......this is all too much. It is happening so fast! Is this all even real?!

I lift my head only to find that he is extending his hand out, offering to aid me in moving to my feet. I take it and stand, staring into his eyes. My throat is squeezing in on the lump that has formed within it. Is this really happening!?

He offers me a kind and sincere smile. The stone glare has completely been wiped away from his face. He holds onto my hand, staring me in the eye. I am struggling to remember how to speak. There is no way that this can be happening. I am an official warrior of Medina! And I have just received the King's blessing!

"Thank you, Your Majesty," I finally summon. In one fluid motion, the Queen is wrapping her arms around my neck, kissing me on the cheek.

"Welcome home, my Dear Loki. I'm truly so happy for you," she whispers into my ear. I return her hug, then release her only to be yanked up in a bone crushing hug by Link. I had not even realized that he was standing so close. I huff as the air from my lungs is forced out from his embrace.

"Welcome home, Brother," he says in a hushed tone. Kendha moves in and pecks my cheek, smiling brightly. Then, I turn my head around, aiming to find the one person who owns the arms I crave most. The one person who is responsible for all of this. My eyes finally fall onto her face as she is still standing close to her father. Her smile is purely magic as shimmering tears trickle down her rose colored cheeks. Link pats me on the back.

"Go to her," he whispers in my ear. He does not have to tell me twice. This woman in front of me is truly mine. This incredible, brave, wonderful woman.....She is mine!

I lunge forward as she meets me half way. Her laughter is filled with the purest of joy as her arms weave around my neck. I wrap her in my arms before pulling her in and lifting her from the ground. We turn in circles as her mixture of happy cries and ecstatic chuckles fill the air around us. I am laughing myself, filled to the brim with exhilarating joy. There is just simply no way that this is real......I have received his blessing. We can truly be together. I no longer have to hold back. I am really hers, and she is mine!

As I replace her feet back to the ground, she cups my face in her hands. Tears stream down her cheeks as a smile that I have never seen before spreads across her face.

"Loki..." she whispers. "Loki....we....we did it." Burning tears are threatening to pour from my own eyes as I take in her words. We did it.....we asked, and now, we have received.

I lean in and press my lips to hers as the ones we love chat happily around us. But I hardly even realize that they are still here. All that I want to focus on now is her. I hold even tighter to her perfect form, burying my face into the security of her silken locks of hair. Her captivating floral fragrance stuns me once again, filling my already spiraling mind with even more euphoria. I cling so earnestly to her but find myself suddenly looking upward towards the sky. I silently thank Adrielle, but there is one other person that I must now speak to.

Mother, wherever you are in Valhalla, I pray that you can see this moment. I pray that you are looking down upon me and seeing me smile again. I pray that you can share in my joy, that you are smiling with happy tears in your eyes. I am, once again, that same Loki you loved. I am a man made new. I am taking that second chance, not only for myself, but for you. Because you always had faith in me. Please, Mother, watch over us. Think of us often, as I am thinking of you. I love you....