Chapter 28

Once I was finished telling my story, my dad sighed in relief for a second before he started to cuss again.

"That mother-"

"LANGUAGE!" my mom hissed and he turned to look at her. He nodded but continued with his rant.

"Just imagine every curse word imaginable and then put that boys name after it!!! I can't believe he that to you! I knew I didn't like that boy in the first place, but noooo. You girls don't listen to me because you think I'm wrong. Well a-"

"Alright dad!" I rasped out. "We get it. It's not like I'm ever going to talk to him again. It's over between us." I took deep breaths, trying to calm my racing heart. I would not cry anymore. He did not deserve my tears or me thinking about him. It ended now.

"So I'm guessing you don't want me to answer your phone?" my mom whispered and I snapped my gaze to her. She held up my buzzing phone with the name Prince Charming on the screen and that broke my wall. I looked away as the tears threatened to escape and I shook my head.

"Block him," was all I whispered and that was the end of our conversation. My dad left soon after, still grumbling and cursing ever so often and my mom left with him, saying she was going to go get a bite to eat.

Not even an hour later, I heard commotion right outside my room and then I heard his voice.

"I want to see her!" he roared and then there was a bunch of noise. I closed my eyes and looked away, not that I could see him anyways but it hurt to just even hear him. Suddenly, it was quiet and I opened my eyes to see the curtain from my room close shut and my mom sighed. When did she come in?

"Oh. I thought you were sleeping," she gasped when she saw my eyes open.

"No...... Did he come?" She bit her lip but nodded. "What did he want?" It was obvious why he came, and she didn't need to tell me why. She just took a deep breath and walked to my good side before taking my hand and rubbed it softly.

"He is devastated Claire. He obviously still cares for you."

"Well I don't," I sighed, pulling my hand from her grasp. "He lied to me mom. I was just a bet. He didn't even like me so why is he here?"

"I don't know. He had a busted lip and his knuckles were raw, as if he had gotten into a fight but that didn't stop your father from threatened him. If he ever steps foot in this hospital while you're still here..... I don't even want to say what he's going to do. He doesn't want him to be anywhere near you."

I rolled my eyes. "Well that's going to be a problem. I have all my classes with him." For a second, I wondered why he looked like that, but when she started to speak, I completely erased my thoughts.

"I know....." she whispered. I had told her about it a long time ago. "But there's nothing we can do about it now. You graduate in less than two months. There's no point into changing schools or pulling you out and teaching you from home."

"There's no point into me changing just because he's there," I growled. "Just because he did that doesn't mean I have to run. I'm a big girl, so I can handle a boy. I just have to avoid him at all costs and go back to how I was before I ever met him." She paled at those words and her mouth opened, but no words came out. I then understood why she was gaping at me and I sighed. "Don't worry mom. I won't go all black again. I just won't talk to him and act like he is not even there. He can't stop me from living my life." She nodded and smiled while patting my hand. I gulped, looked around me and then looked her in the eyes. "So when am I getting out of here?"

*

*

I ended up getting out of there a week after prom. Since prom was held on a Saturday, I didn't step in my house until late Friday night, making me miss an entire week of school.

Not that I really cared.

Of course, my mom was overprotective and literally held my hand as I walked inside. I rolled my eyes but let her help me. I was perfectly fine, just a little sore from laying down in a bed for too long but besides that, I was perfectly fine. Well almost- my wrist was still on the brace, but that was it. That rainstorm had really taken its toll on me that night.

As I sat down in the couch, I let out a groan and closed my eyes. "Does anything hurt?" she asked me nervously. I smiled and shook my head. She bit her lip and looked at me as I draped myself over the familiar and comfortable furniture. "Are you sure? I can call you father and ask him to come home. He can trade shifts again...."

My glare made her trail off and I stood up, making her flail her arms as she tried to help me. "Mom I'm fine. I feel perfectly fine," I laughed. "It's just my wrist that's injured. So I'm good."

"Well I'm sorry I want to take care of my baby. I almost lost you," her voice cracked and I wrapped my arms around her. She hugged me tight and kissed my head. "Don't you ever do that to us again. What made you think you could sit outside in the pouring rain for hours? Didn't you think about yourself?"

"Yeah, sorry. Next time a boy lies to me and breaks my heart I'll make sure I sit inside the car," I said sarcastically but she looked at me as if she was expecting me to say it was true. I sighed and nodded. "Don't worry. Besides I have no idea what was going on through my head. I didn't even realize I was sitting that long outside. Time just flew by."

"Well let's forget about that day and live on. Now let's get you in the shower. You stink."

"Love you too mom," I laughed as I walked away from her. She followed me behind and I couldn't stop the small sigh that escaped my lips. She never listened to me anyways.

After my long shower, I snuggled into my sheets and took long, deep breaths. They were way more comfortable and they smelled like home, not like those itchy and thin hospital ones. Not long after that, I passed out into a peaceful sleep but with my thoughts focused on one thing.

What was going to happen when I went back to school?