Chapter 6

Alrighty. So I wasn't planning on posting this chapter until a few days from now, but since it's my birthday and I'm feeling nice, this will be MY gift to you. (Even though YALL are suppose to give ME something lol) I hope you enjoy!!!

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

And surprised he was. After talking to my other half of the family -aka all the nurses and doctors at the front- he found me trying to save the container from the hungry and thieving hands of his coworkers.

"Please don't tell me your mother had some," he groaned and I bit my lip. He sighed, rolled his eyes but laughed and grabbed the container from my hands. "Thank you honey. On your way to school?"

"Yup. Gotta go or else I'm going to be late." I hugged everyone, gave my father a kiss on the cheek and practically ran to my car to try and avoid the freezing weather. It sure did change quickly!

After cranking up the heat and sitting there for ten minutes to warm up, I drove to school and sighed once I reached my spot. Here we go.

Only the brave souls that liked the cold were outside, huddled into groups. I was even surprised to see Gabby wearing pants when she usually wore her cheerleading outfit or some of the most revealing outfits known to man. Guess cold people did get cold also.

I ran inside, and thankfully made it to my spot without bumping or hearing anything. It kind of made me feel weird, but I ignored it with a shrug and sat down, wishing today would just be a peaceful day.

"Claire!" Mr. Zee's voice interrupted my train of thoughts and I mentally groaned. Don't tell me Ms. Sanders is coming!! It's cold! I looked up and he had a big smile on his face. "How are you today? I haven't seen you in a while."

That's because I have been in my car most of the times. Or in my second home- Starbucks. But he didn't need to know that.

"Oh, I've been busy," I lied and he nodded.

"Guess what?"

"Ms. Sanders?" I groaned, getting up.

"Oh no!" He quickly stammered and I paused halfway up. I raised my eyebrow at him and he just laughed and jumped up and down like a little kid. Who put too much sugar in their coffee this morning? "Mr. Bass found a new student!"

"Umm..... congratulations for him?"

"He is so talented and he has his first two periods off as well like you. Mr. Bass found him practicing a couple of days ago and now he is practically glued to him." He laughed and pushed up his falling glasses. "I am still hoping you will let me teach you what you don't know in the piano, but since pigs don't fly yet, I can't make you." I laughed as he pouted and he rolled his eyes. "Anyways, you might know him. He should be here in the next five minutes."

"Has he been coming here for the past few days?"

"Yes."

Huh. Interesting. If I get out of my hood a little, maybe he and I can be friends since we are such loners. Seriously, only people who don't know anyone come by these hallways....

"And there he is."

I looked up slowly and then I felt like I was in a movie, but in slow motion. You know that scene in the Twilight movie when Bella sees Edward for the first time in the cafeteria. The way he walks by the window and then through the door? That's the way!! But much better because this was not Robert Pattinson. Nathan was much hotter than.... Wait. No! Scratch that. I shouldn't be thinking of him like that. Forget I ever said anything!! The door slowly opened and in stepped Nathan with a small smile on his face. He was looking down as he walked and then he shook his head with a small chuckle before he looked up and I finally caught his attention. We both froze for a second before his smile got bigger and he talked first.