Vancouver (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

I haven't been able to stop thinking about you. I put on one of my football sweatshirts a few days ago and burst into tears because it smelled just like you. You must have worn it sometime before you left. I couldn't even wear it. I placed it back on the hanger in my closet and grabbed another hoodie, and just my luck... it smelled like you to! I realized that all of my hoodies either needed to be washed, or I just couldn't wear them. I just decided to suck it up and to wear the first one I chose.

I grabbed my lap top and sat on my bed and watched the Princess Bride in that sweatshirt because I know it would've been something you would have wanted to do.

Jay, I can't even wait for you to be done with Canada and be in my arms again. I couldn't even stand it this week. I know we've already talked on the phone four times, but that's not enough for me. I miss you so much that this is killing me! I need you, beautiful!

My cousin, Abigail, is so excited to meet you! She said she's going to try and meet up with you on set next weekend, just a heads up.

Anyway, my beautiful girl, don't forget how much I love and miss you. I'll talk to you soon.

Jakey

Ps. Only for you will I ever sign my name like that ;)

I folded the papers and placed them back in the envelopes. Walking into the kitchen, I found my mom on the counter with her arms around my dad's neck. They must have forgotten where they were, and that I was even here.

I cleared my throat, "Ehmmm! Excuse me! Your daughter here... I'd like to eat please." I was just disgusted. They needed to go somewhere else if they were going to do that. I don't care how cute they are!

My mom turned around and threw a dish rag at me. "Why don't you set the table then, Miss Prissy Pants!" She then whispered under her breath, "the rest of us have to live with you and Jake practically playing hockey with your tongues..."

I shot a dirty look her way, "What the hell mom?"

My dad finally felt like he needed to join the conversation. "Woah. Justice..." (He only called me that when I was about to be in trouble... crap!) "We don't talk like that to your mother. Say you're sorry, or I'm not going to let you call Jake for a week!"

I just looked at him in awe. Did he hear what she had said about me? "Of course you'd take her side in this. She says crap about me, but because she said it, it's automatically okay."

My dad was furious, "JJ, I don't know what in the hell is going on with you, but I don't like it. You've been in this mood ever since we got here. Give me your phone."

What had I just done? "You can have it back in a week." He said not even flinching.

"What?!" I said practically screaming. "This is freaking ridiculous."

"Two weeks!" He said with his hand out waiting for me to give him my phone.

Tears filled in my eyes. I threw my phone at his chest just as I ran off to my room, "I hate you!"

I slammed my door and jumped on my bed. I started thinking about how much I used my phone. What was I supposed to do now? How was I supposed to call Jake? Oh my gosh, JAKE! What if he thought I was ignoring him? I just threw myself into my pillows and cried. I hated life here. Why in the hell did I say yes? I left my friends, family, and the guy I loved back home for some stupid job? I really only did this to...

Woah, wait? Did I just say that I loved Jake? I mean, I knew I hated life without him, but did I really just say I loved him? Wow, I guess I really did. Man I wanted to call him so bad, and I left my iPad at the studio today in my trailer.

I just curled up in a ball and cried. I started to think about Jake and me. I thought about our time together at the convention with my dad. Our trip to New York. When he took me to California. Man that was the most amazing trip. I soon fell into a gaze remembering every single detail of that trip.

Jake took my on the horseback ride out to the meadows where he had planned the evening picnic, dancing under the stars, and our first kiss together as a couple. Every time I think back to that night, it feels like fireworks are shooting through me.

I couldn't stop thinking about Jake, one memory to the next. Finally I had been laying there for over an hour and had then fallen asleep.

I soon heard a knock on my bedroom door, followed by my mom and dad walking in. My mom stood next to my bed, while my dad sat next to me.

"Hey princess," he rubbed my back, "Are you awake?"

I sat up whipping the sleep from my eyes. "Yeah, what do you want?" I still had a disrespectful tone that I knew I was going to regret, but he seem to overlook it.

My mom sat next to me and said, "JJ, I'm so sorry about what I said earlier. It was childish, and completely immature. I know you and Jake are smart with each other, plus we all think you're adorable. I shouldn't have said what I said, can you forgive me?"

I looked up at her, "Yes mom. I'm sorry for the way I treated you too." She gave me a hug as my dad wrapped his arms around the both of us.

"I sure love my girls." He said as he slipped me my phone. "However, speaking of that boyfriend of yours, why don't you call him?" I looked down to see all my notifications. "He's called about seven times in the last hour." My dad said chuckling.

I hurried to call Jake. I was just glad things with my parents had fixed, and I was happier than ever getting to call him.

The phone literally dialed for a single ring when he picked up.

"Uh Jay! You had me worried sick!"

I giggled, "Well hello to you too."

"Haha! Sorry, hello beautiful. How was your day?"

"Pretty good. I'm exhausted though."

"Well, I actually have a huge English paper due tomorrow that I need to finish." He said, sounding super stressed, "How about I call you tomorrow during my lunch hour? Say... 12:20?"

"Okay, that'll be 10:20 here. I should be driving to the studio then, so that should work. And I'll put you on speaker while they put my makeup on."

"Is this even going to work babe?" I could hear the hesitation in his voice. I know he hated every minute of this.

"Absolutely. And it's only been the first week, it'll get better..."

He cut me off, "Or worse, you'll have too much fun and forget about this devilishly handsome boyfriend of yours back home."

I couldn't help but laugh. "If only you could see how many pictures of you I have here in my room. My dad's actually quite jealous."

I could tell that this had cheered him up, "Okay well, I'll let you get some rest beautiful. Talk to you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow." I said not wanting to hang up the phone with him.

"I love you." He said quietly.

"I love you too."

(A/N: Yay!! First chapter done! And I'm so sorry if there are any mistakes or confusing parts throughout the chapter. I didn't get the chance to edit this, because I have an English assignment due tomorrow, and I haven't even started. Oh my gosh, I'm screwed!! Haha! Anyway, let me know what you think! I know this one was kind of boring, but all first chapters are. Hopefully the next ones better. I'll have the second one posted Saturday morning... hopefully. Love y'all! Thanks again for reading!!)