Drita narrowed her eyes at me for a moment, making me unable to even answer Moina. Maybe my silence made her anger dissolve a little, because her hand slowly eased the grip on my arm, and she pushed me back. I stumbled and almost fell on my ass. Drita glared at me a bit longer before leaving.

"My my, I wonder what has gotten into her lately"

"Sorry..."

"It's not your fault, dear"

I was really grateful at her kind words. Moina was always nice to me. She never hit me or scolded me. She even allowed me to play with her children from time to time. I still remember the way she spoke for me when Rhonwen accused me of stealing and dragged me to the Leader.

"Thank you, Aella Moina"

She shook her head slowly and lowered her voice: "I never liked Drita anyway"

We both chuckled and I looked down at the red powder

"Did she do this?" she asked, motioning for the red powder scattered on the ground

"No, I was clumsy"

I crouched and used my hands to try and gather as much as I could of the powder.

"I'll help you"

"It's alright! Please, don't soil your pretty dress"

"You sure?"

I nodded and smiled up at her.

"Well, I hope this signal thing works for you, Ceri. Remember though, you need to be patient"

I nodded: "Thank you"

"And Halina said you should stay away from the cliff"

"I will"

She walked back to her children, and I resumed gathering the powder. It was already stuck to the ground. Once alone, a bile started forming in my throat.

After I came back from the Aellos' territory earlier, I told our Leader and the Aellas of what Leader Cailyn said. They were all so happy with me, and they looked excited and started chatting about the presents that will be gifted to them in about a week. I let them laugh and talk, and approached our Leader. She pulled me aside, which allowed me to talk more easily, and I asked her to allow me to send the message to Alev. She seemed a bit reluctant at first, but when I informed her that Cailyn was ok with it, she gave me the small pouch and agreed as long as I don't cause confusion to the Aellos.

I stayed a little with Epona and little Vreis who demanded to hear about their father. Then I sneaked here and started making the fire. As long as I made it late in the afternoon, I won't risk confusing the Aellos and make them think it was a message for them.

But......... now the sun was setting. I should've started the fire immediately after I came back!

And the powder...

I tried my best not to cry over this, Ithel wouldn't want that.

My hands and knees were now all covered in red, as I carefully took the small amount that I could salvage and threw it slowly over the fire. The flames flickered more wildly and the red powder burned and transformed into red fumes. I blew more on the flames and added more wood, before standing close to the southern edge of our mountain and waiting.

I gazed at the distance in eagerness. I couldn't really see Saeva like the Leader Cailyn told me, but I hoped...

Dilara... please help me... Tell my father to look at the sky... Tell me he's alive