thirty

A/N: you ask, I deliver.

---

"Oh, my God," Normani mumbled, slapping Lauren's arm repeatedly. "Oh, my God."

"Ouch, Mani," the green-eyed girl growled.

As the car started slowing down, Normani could hardly wait to open the door. She wasn't sure they were stopped before she swung it open and dashed towards the beaming girl in front of the small house. This feeling was unlike any she had ever had before. Her heart was beating so hard, she thought she was going to pass out.

Dinah felt the same. As soon as Normani was in her arms, she took it all in and felt like she could breathe again. The feeling was so foreign, yet she didn't know how she managed to live the last 18 years without it.

After the initial shock passed, the two began giggling. They let go of each other, and Normani turned around in time to watch her two best friends walk up the sidewalk towards them. Ally and Lauren both waved awkwardly. "Thank you," Dinah whispered in Lauren's ear when they exchanged their brief hug, and the older girl patted the blonde's back in return.

The four girls walked inside the home, and Dinah gave them a short tour. After that, they returned to the living room and settled on the couch. Ally and Lauren both had a silent agreement that they would take as many photos of the two as possible, just so they could bother them later.

The conversation was interrupted by the incessant buzzing of Dinah's phone, so Normani nodded and let her friend answer it.

"Yes, Mom?" the blonde answered, annoyance evident in her voice.

"Dinah," Milika mocked. "The doctor called. The test results are in, and he asked that we go see him right away. I'm on my way to pick you up now."

"But Normani just got here," Dinah pouted.

"Your friends can come, Di, just be ready."

Normani noticed the apologetic look on Dinah's face. She asked what's wrong, and the blonde skirted around the question, and just said that she needed to go to the doctor's sooner than expected. Ally and Lauren offered to leave so the two could go themselves, but just as they were about to get their stuff, the front door swung open and a voice boomed throughout the house.

"Cheechee!" the voice called. "I need your help!"

"Mila..."

"I have two outfits to choose from and I don't know which Lauren would like better," she started rambling, walking straight into Dinah's room. "DJ, where are you? Anyways, it's been so long since I've seen her and I don't know what her taste is like now, you know? And I know you're freaking out, but I am too and like...seriously, where are you? So, okay, I have--"

"Camz, breathe," Lauren laughed when Camila came back into the room.

"Lauren?" the brunette nearly tripped over herself. "You're here already?"

"Erm, yeah," she nodded. "We were just leaving, though. Dinah has to go to the doctor's--"

"You told them? I didn't think you were going to tell them yet, Dinah."

"I haven't told them," Dinah shook her head. "Go give your girlfriend a hug."

Camila introduced herself to and hugged everyone, saving Lauren for last. She winked at Dinah when she saw how amazing Normani looked in person, and mouthed "good job" with a thumbs up to her best friend. Lauren helped choose the brunette's outfit, and they (Ally included) left so Dinah and Normani could spend some time alone. They didn't want Dinah to feel extra awkward at the doctor's, so they decided that the pair would go together, and they would meet up afterwards at the mall and grab some food.