"Why do both the women and men cook? And why do the women participate in gathering firewood with the men?" Kagon asks, slightly surprised at the sight.

"Well, as I've learned in Pik, the women aren't treated as equals. Correct?"

Kagon nods.

"In Lanthos it is true that it is usually the men that do the hard outside work, but it is not odd for women to occasionally help in times of need. Unlike in Pik, they are as important as the men. I think it's because of the rougher living in Lanthos. We need everyone to help in order to survive."

"I suppose that makes sense." Kagon says, pondering this. "Is that why you allowed Delia to journey with you?"

"Yes, exactly." Iglesias agrees. "She has been a great help towards our cause. I don't think we would of made it without her. And that goes to say that I owe you thanks as well. Without your fighting in the battle, I think the scales would of been tipped far less in our favor."

Kagon waves away the man's thanks. "Anytime. I'm always up for an epic fight." He grins.

Just then Delia walks up, still bedraggled in messy clothes.  Kagon inwardly smiles, he's been in that same position many a time before.

"Good morning." Iglesias greets the young writer.

"Good morning."  The sixteen-year-old girl replies with a small smile as she takes a seat on the log across from the two men.

"It's actually good that you came. I have a question to ask the both of you." Iglesias says.

Delia raises an eyebrow in curiosity and Kagon turns his full attention to the dark haired man.

"During the celebration some of our group and the people we saved got into a conversation. We want to continue traveling along Oblivion Canyon or as the Shadowlander's know it, Gehenna, and continue freeing the people they've stolen.  I'd like you both to join me."  Iglesias says, looking at the two seriously.

Kagon speaks first, immediately shaking his head.  "No."  He says.

Out of the corner of Kagon's eye he sees Delia glaring at him.

Just like old times!

"Why not?" Delia demands.

"There are so many other adventures for me to conquer, I can't stay in a lengthy cause such as this when there's so much more for me to do.  Besides,". Kagon says, "from what I saw from out on the battlefield it looks like you have it covered."  Kagon smiles fondly at the younger man. "You're a great leader.  We'd only bash heads if I were to join you.  Two alphas cannot both lead a pack, therefore I cannot join you."

"I understand." Iglesias says.

Before he can say anything else Kagon speaks.  "However, if you ever need anything from me I'll be there."

"Thank you."  Iglesias smiles broadly, it is then that he looks towards Delia.  "And what about you, Delia?  Will you be joining us?"

"Well, I---" Delia starts

Kagon interrupts, ignoring Delia's sharp look as he does. "Delia can't come with you, she's promised since she started journeying with me that she'd document my adventures in an epic tale."