Chapter 7: Happy Birthday, Mom

I woke up on Saturday morning earlier than usual. It was 3:47 am! The part that sucked was I couldn't fall back asleep. I had a feeling this would happen. It has ever since my mom died. I'd always wake up super early on this day, not able to fall back asleep.

I got out of bed and put on a pair of jeans and a snug long sleeved tee. I walked down stairs making sure to be quiet when i passed through the Boy's Hallway. Wyatt's door was closed, so I decided agaisnt the idea to go inside. I went downstairs and made me some coffee, putting it into a plastic coffe cup with a lid. I proceeded to the sliding glass door.

I need some fresh air. I thought to myself

I went to grab the handle.

"You're up pretty early." A voice said from behind me.

I made a squeek noise before turning around to see Wyatt holding Chad in his arms.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. It's just that he came in my room looking for you." Wyatt said in a concerned way.

I went and grabbed Chad from Wyatt. "Sorry, if he woke you up." I sighed.

"No, he didn't actually. You did."

"What do you mean?"

"I heard you walking down the hall." Wyatt smiled.

"Oh, sorry." I smiled sheepishly.

"No problem. So, where were you going?" He asked me as Chad fell back asleep. I walked into the living room and laid Chad on the couch, covering him with a blanket.

"Just couldn't fall back asleep." I said.

"It's four in the morning, Elle. How could you not fall asleep?" Wyatt breathed a quiet chuckle.

"I just have a lot on my mind right now." I lied.

"Oh really?" Wyatt raised an eyebrow.

"Really, really." What can I say? I know I'm a horrible liar.

"Like?" He asked.

"Uh.... Well, we had a killer algebra test this week. The physical endurance test in gym-"

"Which you said wasn't hard at all. You said the same bout' the algerbra too. Come on, Elle. You can tell me if somethings bugging you." Wyatt said.

"I know, it's just todays my mom's birthday.... Last year was the same way. The boys and I woke up super early and couldn't fall back asleep. The day ended up being horrible." I said. When Wyatt didn't say anything, I continued. "I think I'm just gunna go take a walk." I said, getting up.

Wyatt pulled me back down, but I fell awkwardly, causing us to fall to the ground. I landed on top of Wyatt, but my legs were tangled with his, so I couldn't get up.

"Oh... I'm so sorry, Wyatt. Are you okay?" I asked.

"Couldn't be better." He smiled.

I was actually lost for words. I had no idea what to say. 

Turns out I didn't have to say anything because Wyatt had already locked lips with me. I had totally forgotten everything. I forgot how Chad was on the couch a foot away, sleeping. I forgot how this was Wyatt, my boyfriend. I even forgot that it was four in the morning. 

I felt the tip of his tongue touch mine, and I opened my mouth a little more for the kiss to deepen. I felt more than heard him moan into my mouth. I rubbed my hands through his hair as he rubbed his down my back. We pulled away gasping for air, breathless. Our foreheads laid agaisnt each other.