::cinque::

(picture of Max^; he's pretty daddy)

Orion

.

.

I sat down in one of the chairs as my father sat in his own.

"So, you've finally decided to see me. There's something you need, I assume?"

I laughed nervously, "Uh, can't I just call my dad so I could see him?"

He sighed, "I think I know my daughter well enough, Orion. What is it that you need?"

God, he knows me like the back of his hand.

I bit my lip, "Okay, okay. You got me. I need money, dad."

He nodded and leaned forward as he laced his fingers together, "What for?"

I tried my best to keep my cool, "Oh, you know... Lost my job, got a speeding ticket."

"Orion!" he exclaimed and I jumped a little. "That is unacceptable behavior."

"Hey, the ticket was for speeding, because I was trying to get to work on time."

He shook his head and sighed, "How much would you need?"

"Um, well, the ticket was two hundred, and I need to pay this month's rent."

He sighed, and stood up to look outside of his window.

"I suppose we could use some time to...reconnect, don't you think?"

I furrowed my brows, "I guess so."

"Good," he turned around. "I think it's time you've learned the value of money as well."

"What?"

"I think that I may have spoiled you a bit too much when you were growing up."

"So?"

"So, I will give you the money-"

"Oh, dad-"

"But you will have to work here to pay off your debt. Now, you may not like that idea very much, but I am offering you a job, Orion. A well paying job, might I add."

I pondered his proposal and realized that it was my only choice.

"Alright," I agreed.

He raised his brows, clearly surprised, "Okay, so, I will absolutely not pay for you to stay at a hotel, so I will find a place for you to stay."

"Why can't I stay with you?"

He rubbed his hands together and gave me a worried look, "I didn't think you would've forgotten. I'm married to Victoria, Orion."

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that bitch.

I scoffed, "I can't believe your marriage even lasted."

"Look, I know you don't like her-"

"Don't like her?" I exclaimed. "I hate her! She's a home wrecker!"

He walked towards me and reached for my hand but I moved away.

"You know that your mother and I were having problems before Victoria."

"That doesn't justify the fact that you cheated on her."

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and continued, "I knew that you wouldn't want to stay with us. So, I will find you a place to say."

"Please, make it somewhere nice."